Panos Pourgourides > Hill Dickinson LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Hill Dickinson LLP Offices
THE BROADGATE TOWER
20 PRIMROSE STREET
- Go to...
Originally engaged in both contentious and non-contentious work in the commercial shipping sector, but has since focused on yacht work for most of his career. Extensive experience acting for yacht owners and almost all of the major banks involved in the provision of finance for new build projects and second-hand yachts. Also advises on the negotiation of construction agreements, sale and purchase work and other yacht-related regulatory issues.
Trained Richards Butler, qualified 1996, solicitor 1996-2000; solicitor Stephenson Harwood 2000-03; joined Hill Dickinson 2003, partner 2007.
Fluent speaker of Greek.
Under the guidance of the ‘extremely knowledgeable’ Roderick Palmer, Hill Dickinson LLP has cultivated a solid offering among lenders and borrowers in the commercial shipping and offshore sector, as well as fielding a growing aviation offering. The firm is also recognised as a ‘true industry leader’ in the yachting space, an area in which Panos Pourgourides – who co-heads the team with Palmer – has a thriving practice for both banks and ultra-high-net-worth-individuals seeking to finance their acquisitions of super yachts.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Trade finance
- Private client > Court of protection
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Transport > Travel
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Real estate > Property finance
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration