James Williams > Hill Dickinson LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Hill Dickinson LLP Offices
THE BROADGATE TOWER
20 PRIMROSE STREET
- Go to...
Employment and pensions.
A partner in the employment and pensions team, James advises both employers and employees on a full range of matters, including day-to-day surgery advice, transactional support, executive severance and litigation.
James joined the firm in April 2014, having qualified into a large European law firm in 2000 and spent eight years as a partner in a niche city employment practice. He acts for organisations across a range of sectors, with a particular focus on financial services, shipping, education and advertising. He specialises in:
- Tribunal and High Court litigation (including whistle-blowing, discrimination, TUPE and breach of contract claims)
- Dealing with team moves, post-termination restrictions and applications for injunctive relief
- Providing day-to-day ‘surgery’ advice
- Advising senior executives on their contracts and severance packages
James attended the University of Liverpool, where he completed his law degree and an LLM in International Law.
Trained Edge Ellison; qualified 2000; solicitor Hammonds 2000-06; solicitor Archon Solicitors 2006-08; partner Archon Solicitors LLP 2008-14; partner Hill Dickinson LLP 2014 to date.
French – conversational.
Employment Lawyers’ Association.
Aylesbury Grammar School; University of Liverpool (LLB; LLM).
Playing tennis and football, skiing, coaching junior rugby and cricket.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Trade finance
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Transport finance & leasing
- Transport > Travel