Andrew Leslie > Hill Dickinson LLP > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
Hill Dickinson LLP Offices
NO 1 ST PAUL'S SQUARE
- Go to...
A highly experienced practitioner who specialises in defendant clinical negligence representing the NHS. He manages a high-value caseload of catastrophic injury claims, with a predominant focus on the most complex adult and child brain injury claims. Substantial experience in ADR, achieving multi-million pound settlements using periodical payment orders and successfully defending claims to trial when merited. Background in healthcare advisory work and coroner’s inquests, as well as lecturing to health sector audiences. Firm client relationship partner for a number of NHS clients.
Trained Hill Dickinson; qualified 1999; solicitor 1999-2004; associate 2004-06; partner 2006 to date.
Rock Ferry High School, Wirral; University of Sheffield (1996 LLB Law); College of Law Chester (LPC).
Leadership role in local church, playing and watching football, following the England cricket team and entertaining his young children.
Hill Dickinson LLP‘s clinical negligence defence team enjoys an excellent reputation, holding places on a number major national healthcare panels such as the Medical Protection Society and NHS Resolution. The group also acts for a significant number of NHS Trusts throughout the country. The ‘dynamic and astute’ Andrew Craggs and Ian Gardiner jointly lead the department, while other key team members include Richard Watson, David Locke, Mike McKenna, Philip Bradbury and Andrew Leslie. Joanne Hughes was promoted to partner in May 2018.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Human resources > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property