Mr Jeff Isaacs > Hill Dickinson LLP > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
Hill Dickinson LLP Offices
NO 1 ST PAUL'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Jeff Isaacs
Commodities and international trade.
Partner with a recognised specialism in commodities, international trade and shipping law, with especial expertise and specialisation in sugar and cotton. Work undertaken includes commodity disputes, international sale and purchase contract litigation and arbitration (principally at GAFTA, FOSFA, ICA and RSA/SAL but also at LCIA and ICC ), and all aspects of international trade, including futures and options and other commodity-based derivatives, together with all forms of dry shipping litigation, including charterparty and bill of lading disputes, cargo claims and ship sale and purchase disputes. Clients are commodity trading houses, commodity trade associations and energy majors. Speaks regularly at seminars on all aspects of his practice, particularly sugar.
Articled Hill Dickinson & Co 1981-83; qualified 1983; associate partner 1987; partner Hill Taylor Dickinson 1989; chairman 2004-06; joined Hill Dickinson on merger 2006.
Dulwich College; Christ’s College, Cambridge (1980 BA Hons law).
Tennis, skiing, rugby, wine tasting, horse riding.
London > Dispute resolution > Commodities disputesWithin: Leading individuals -
Hill Dickinson LLP handles a vast array of commodities cases and, though it is best known as a prominent player in the soft commodities markets, the practice in London also has a strong caseload in the energy and metals sectors. In disputes involving grains, seeds, pulses, edible oils, fertilisers and cocoa, the firm is highly active both in the major trade association arbitral forums – The Grain and Feed Trade Association (GAFTA), Federation of Oils, Seeds and Fats Associations (FOSFA) and The Federation of Cocoa Commerce (FCC) – and before the High Court. The firm has the premier sugar practice, thanks to the long track record of Jeff Isaacs, who is a long-standing adviser to, inter alia, the raw and refined sugar associations. Fred Konynenburg and Darren Wall are among the other key lawyers for sugar market disputes. Paul Taylor leads the firm’s oil trading practice and the firm also acts for clients in the fuels, coal and renewable energy sectors. The London team also handles LME arbitrations and High Court litigation relating to ferrous and non-ferrous metals, ores and concentrates. The arrival in 2019 of Paul Sinnott and Mark Aspinall from Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP added extensive experience in high-value claims in the trading, financing and shipping markets.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Human resources > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property