David Locke > Hill Dickinson LLP > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
Hill Dickinson LLP Offices
NO 1 ST PAUL'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Health business group, NHSLA team.
David is a partner in the health litigation team, dealing with complex, catasrophic litigation and health sector group actions. A solicitor-advocate with higher rights of audience, regularly appearing in appeals and High Court matters on behalf clients. On a day-to-day basis, manages a caseload of maximum severity and multi-party clinical negligence claims on behalf of NHS Trusts, with a number of trial successes. Expertise relating in particular to the innovative management of complex group litigation, notably the Liverpool urogynaecology litigation and the Leicester epilepsy litigation. The ADR Protocol devised in the Liverpool litigation has now been widely adopted as the standard model in NHS group actions and has been updated following the changes to civil litigation funding rules. Has consulted on various other group actions including matters outside of the health sector.
Trained Cripps Harris Hall 2002-04; qualified 2004; solicitor Browne Jacobson LLP 2004-07; solicitor Hill Dickinson LLP 2007-08, associate 2008-2012, partner 2012 to date; publications of note: ‘Reflections of a reluctant Claimant’ – PIBU Journal, 18 September 2012; ‘Changing Lanes’, New Law Journal, 17 August 2012; ‘New Lease of Life – ADR’, New Law Journal, 21 May 2010; ‘If the Cap Fits’, Law Society Gazette, 30 August 2007.
Law Society; Law Society advocacy section; Specialist of the Institute of Risk Management; Medico-legal Society.
Holy Family RC High School, Thomton; University of Liverpool (2000 LLB (hons)); Chester College of Law (2001); University of Liverpool (2002 LLM).
Whatever the children decide will be most fun for them on any given day.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Hill Dickinson LLP‘s clinical negligence defence team enjoys an excellent reputation, holding places on a number major national healthcare panels such as the Medical Protection Society and NHS Resolution. The group also acts for a significant number of NHS Trusts throughout the country. The ‘dynamic and astute’ Andrew Craggs and Ian Gardiner jointly lead the department, while other key team members include Richard Watson, David Locke, Mike McKenna, Philip Bradbury and Andrew Leslie. Joanne Hughes was promoted to partner in May 2018.
- Clinical negligence: defendant - North West > Insurance
- Leading individuals - North West > Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Human resources > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property