Craig Scott > Hill Dickinson LLP > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
Hill Dickinson LLP Offices
NO 1 ST PAUL'S SQUARE
- Go to...
National head of the corporate team, Craig’s particular expertise includes advising on private equity backed transactions, mergers and acquisitions, disposals, and joint ventures.
Craig joined the firm in 2010, having previously worked for 10 years at international law firm DLA Piper, and 4 years at Halliwells. He has over 19 years’ corporate transactional experience for corporates, management teams and equity houses.
Craig specialises in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and private equity funded transactions covering all forms of share and asset acquisitions and disposals, auction sale processes, mergers, corporate joint ventures and investments. Craig leads a specialist team with extensive experience of private equity transactions and has also acted on several major corporate finance transactions for listed companies.
Craig completed his law degree at Sheffield University (LLB Hons)and attended Chester College of Law. Craig was one of the first solicitors in the North West to hold the corporate finance qualification from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England.
He has national and cross-border experience of private equity-related transactions, acting regularly to institutional investors and management teams, and has also acted on several major corporate transactions for listed PLCs.
Additionally holds the corporate finance qualification from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
Clients include Downing Student Management, Fishawack Group, Secured Mail, Next Wave Partners, Merseyside Special Investment Fund, Finance Wales, Thomas Hardie Commericals and Dorma UK.
Recent deals include:
- Acting for Next Wave on its partial exit from Fox International Group Limited to Mayfair Private Equity
- The £18m merger of CMS Network (London) with Secured Mail to create the £100m t/o Delivery Group
- Representing Enterprise Ventures in connection with its investment supporting the MBO of Blue I Event Technology Limited
- Acting for MSIF in connection with its £2m MBO of Charles Stanley Financial Solutions
- Advising the vendors on the disposal of Downing Student Trust to a fund managed by HSBC Alternative Investments Limited for £193m.
Trained DLA Piper, qualified 1998, associate; partner Halliwells 2005-2010; partner Hill Dickinson 2010 to date, Head of Corporate 2016.
French = Basic
Member of the Law Society
Wirral Grammar School; Sheffield University (1995 LLB Hons); College of Law Chester (1996 LPC, 2007 CF).
North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: LiverpoolWithin: Leading individuals -
Hill Dickinson LLP ‘s strong Liverpool corporate team represents national and international commercial and corporate clients including large private companies, start-ups, partnerships and private individuals. Areas of expertise include M&A, private equity and joint ventures. Craig Scott heads the team with support from Jonathan Brown, Mike Jones, Matt Noon, Sue Russell and Michael Murphy. Legal director Graeme Alder is also recommended.
- Corporate and commercial: Liverpool - North West > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Human resources > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property