Phil Sheard > Hill Dickinson LLP > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
Hill Dickinson LLP Offices
NO 1 ST PAUL'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Having qualified as a solicitor in 2005, Phil specialises in all aspects of commercial dispute resolution, across a wide range of industry sectors. He also heads up the commercial debt recovery and enforcement team.
Phil deals mainly in finance/banking disputes with a particular specialism in invoice financing, factoring and guarantor claims. He also has expertise in relation to restitution claims for the return of mistaken payments/overpayments. As part of those restitution claims, he has a particular expertise with applications for Norwich Pharmacal Orders.
Phil also handles general commercial contract disputes, misrepresentation claims and disputes relating to vehicle quality and vehicle finance. He regularly advises his clients on jurisdictional issues arising in cross-border claims and deals with claims to restore companies to the register at companies house.
Phil received a first class (Hons) LLB in law at Liverpool JMU, winning the Sir Graham Day Prize and the Law Society Proxime Accessit Prize.
Trained: Higgs and Sons; qualified: 2005; assistant solicitor Hill Dickinson LLP 2005; associate 2010; legal director 2013.
French = Basic
German = Basic
Member of the Law Society
Governor at City of Liverpool College
Treasurer or the Merseyside and North Wales CICM branch
Wirral Grammar School for Boys; Liverpool John Moores University (2001 LLB (Hons) First Class), Liverpool Law Society Proxime Accessit and Sir Graham Day prizes; College of Law (2003 DipLPC Commendation) (P/T).
Golf, football, cricket.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Human resources > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property