Sharon Thomas > Hill Dickinson LLP > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
Hill Dickinson LLP Offices
NO 1 ST PAUL'S SQUARE
- Go to...
A partner in the healthcare team, Sharon has wide experience in representing NHS bodies and detaining authorities at mental health review Tribunals, inquests, in declaratory proceedings and in bringing and defending judicial review.
She provides regular training sessions to NHS staff, both locally and nationally, on topics such as consent to treatment, Mental Capacity Act 2005, Deprivation of Liberty safeguards, changes to the Mental Health Act 1983, data protection and data sharing and Children Act issues.
Sharon has also successfully defended a large number of judicial review and human rights claims at letter of response stage. She also advises NHS trusts in a number of high-profile matters that are not subject to litigation. Her expereince includes:
- R (On the Application of DR) -v- Mersey Care NHS Trust (2002) MHLR 386, QB (Admin)
- Re GK (Patient: Habeas Corpus) (1999) MHLR 128
- Re SC (Mental Patient: Habeas Corpus) 1996 QB 599
- Royal Liverpool Children’s NHS Trust and North West Wales NHS Trust -v- Luke Winston-Jones and Rith Winston-Jones (2004) QB (Family)
Trained Hill Dickinson; qualified 1997; partner 2002.
French - basic
Wirral Grammar School for Girls; University of Hertfordshire (BA Hons Social Science); College of Law, Chester (Dip LP).
Walking, skiing, running.
London > Public sector > Healthcare
Hill Dickinson LLP continued to expand its healthcare capabilities with two lateral hires from Hempsons: Jamie Foster, who has ‘breadth of industry experience‘ advising NHS organisations, private providers, and health and life sciences start-ups on commercial and public law matters, and James Lawford Davies, a ‘top specialist‘ in healthtech and life sciences, specifically in reproductive and genetic technologies and cell and gene therapies. Key areas of expertise include commercial and procurement, commissioning, regulatory, governance, inquests and Court of Protection work. Kiran Bhogal and Emma Galland co-head the London healthcare group. Other recommended partners include Joanna Trewin in Manchester, Robert McGough in Leeds and Sharon Thomas in Liverpool.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Human resources > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property