Richard Capper > Hill Dickinson LLP > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
Hill Dickinson LLP Offices
NO 1 ST PAUL'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Partner and head of banking and finance team. Richard has almost 20 years’ experience working as a lawyer in the banking market. He operates principally out of our Liverpool office, but also spends time in Manchester and London, specialising in all forms of banking transactions including: acquisition finance, property finance, project finance and general corporate lending.
Richard’s clients include Royal Bank of Scotland, Lloyds Banking Group, Santander Corporate Bank, Svenska Handelsbanken, Downing Group and Peel Group.
Trained Stephenson Harwood; qualified 1991; assistant Stephenson Harwood 1991-95; assistant DLA Piper 1995-2000; partner and head of Liverpool banking team DLA Piper 2000-06; partner and head of national banking team Halliwells LLP 2006-10; partner Hill Dickinson 2010; partner and head of the banking team Hill Dickinson 2010.
Wirral Grammar School; University of Leicester (1988 LLB Hons); College of Law, Chester.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The highly regarded Richard Capper leads the banking and finance practice at Hill Dickinson LLP. He has a broad range of experience acting on property finance, project finance and acquisition finance for both public and private companies, and divides his time between Liverpool, Manchester and London. Chris Johnston and Alasdair Mackinnon are in charge of the Manchester office; Mackinnon has developed connections with national banks and alternative lenders. Johnston is prominent on property finance work, representing major banks. Senior associate Emma Howard is active in both Liverpool and Manchester and has experience on major finance transactions.
- Leading individuals - North West > Finance > Banking and finance
- Banking and finance - North West > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant