Paul Baker > Hill Dickinson LLP > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
Hill Dickinson LLP Offices
NO 1 ST PAUL'S SQUARE
- Go to...
He joined the firm in 1996, became a partner in 1997, and is ranked in both the Chambers and Legal 500 legal directories. He enjoys a national reputation as a leading practitioner.
Dealing with all aspects of private client work, he has a particular expertise in advising high-net-worth individuals (including business owners and landowners) on tax and succession planning. This includes advice on:
- Will structuring
- The use of trusts
- Inheritance tax
- Capital gains tax
- Domicile and offshore matters
Paul advises foreign resident and domiciled persons on offshore trusts and UK taxation. Paul also has a experience in advising individuals on establishing new charities and works closely with registered charities on constitutional and governance issues.
Trained Enoch Evans & Sons; qualified 1985; joined Hill Dickinson as a partner 1997; head of private client department 2007.
Law Society; Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
Manor High School; University of Manchester (1980 LLB Hons).
Swimming, cinema, music, literature, politics.
Hill Dickinson LLP has a strong track record in advising high-net-worth individuals on succession planning issues, with a particular focus on the tax implications of estates. Clients include business owners, professionals, landowners and sports and media personalities. Headed up by the ‘technically astute‘ Fionnuala Kenny, the team also includes legal director Susan Sherry, who focuses on the protection of vulnerable clients. Paul Baker is also singled out and specialises in offshore tax planning work and advising on domicile and residence issues, as well as offshore trusts and alternative structures.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant