Mr Yuri Yahin > Pepeliaev Group > Moscow, Russia > Lawyer Profile
Pepeliaev Group Offices
BUILDING 1, 39 3RD TVERSKAYA
- Go to...
Mr Yuri Yahin
IP and Trademarks Practice
Head of IP and Trademarks Practice Group
What he specialises in
Yuri specialises in intellectual property issues: copyright (including computer programs and databases), means of identification (including trademarks), know-how, and disputes in the area of protecting intellectual rights (including patent disputes).
His main achievements
Yuri has more than 10 years of professional experience which includes:
- providing advice on various legal issues, including providing legal support to major Internet projects, media companies, providing support to FMCG companies in the sphere of intellectual property and defence against unfair competition, and industrial companies;
- representing clients before the Chamber for Patent Disputes of Rospatent, the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service, and the investigation and pre-investigation bodies in cases concerning an infringement of the exclusive right of a grantor, commercial courts, including before the Court for Intellectual Property Rights and general jurisdiction courts;
- devising the strategy for building intellectual property in a company, launching and supporting new products, including intellectual property, drafting licence agreements and contracts assigning exclusive rights, and registering grants and transfers of rights under such agreements and contracts, registering trademarks, and appellations of origin.
Yuri is a researcher at the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, he has authored numerous published items in specialised printed journals, and co-authored a number of monographs.
Moscow City University
Russia > Intellectual property
Jointly headed by the ‘incredibly knowledgeable‘ Valentina Orlova and Yuri Yahin, the IP department at Pepeliaev Group assisted Rosatom with projects involving local patent registrations based on Russian applications and patent registrations through the European Patent Office. The firm also represented Richter Gedeon Nyrt in patent cancellation proceedings against Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, with the matter currently pending before Rospatent. Other clients include Procter & Gamble and mineral water manufacturer Kavminvody.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Commercial, corporate and M&a: St Petersburg and elsewhere
- Intellectual property
- Private client
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: Lender or arranger side
- Energy and natural resources
- Commercial, corporate and M&a: Moscow