Mr Andrey Nikonov > Pepeliaev Group > Moscow, Russia > Lawyer Profile
Pepeliaev Group Offices
BUILDING 1, 39 3RD TVERSKAYA
- Go to...
Mr Andrey Nikonov
Senior Partner, Head of Tax Practice
What he specialises in
Andrey provides legal support in taxation projects related to entering into and implementing production sharing agreements, contracts between companies, mergers and acquisitions of companies with multinational corporations being involved, and in major investment projects.
His main achievements
Andrey has significant experience in providing advice and representing major Russian and foreign companies before courts with regard to the calculation and payment of taxes. The advice he provides is on a wide range of issues, not least those arising in the calculation and payment of profit tax, VAT and mineral extraction tax.
Andrey’s major projects include, among others:
- prepared an appeal to the Russia’s Constitutional Court to have recognised as inconsistent with with Russian Constitution the requirement of the Russian Tax Code that a taxpayer should include in its tax base for VAT not only the cost of goods (works or services) sold, but also the amount of an insurance payout the taxpayer has received because the buyer has breached its obligation to pay for the goods (works or services);
- represented a major Russian bank before a court in the case concerning the taxation of bank loyalty programs;
- represented Gazprom OJSC and its subsidiaries in cases that involved challenging the results of field tax audits.
The International Institute of Economics and Law
Russia > Tax
Pepeliaev Group’s ‘client oriented team‘ maintains a strong reputation for domestic tax regulatory matters, where it is ‘highly experienced in tax compliance and the operations of tax authorities‘, corporate and private taxation and M&A and security market transactions. Andrey Tereschenko is assisting Hitachi Zosen Inova with tax and customs structuring concerning a large-scale waste incineration construction project in Moscow and Kazan. In other matters, practice head and tax disputes lead Rustem Ahmetshin is representing Atrium Europe Real Estate Group in a series of cases challenging the orders of the tax authorities. Andrey Nikonov has particular experience of profit tax, VAT, and mineral extraction tax and Ivan Khamenushko specialises in currency regulation and securities transactions. Valentina Akimova is recommended for transfer pricing and VAT disputes. Managing partner Sergey Pepeliaev is ‘a leading expert‘ in corporate and private taxation. Viktor Arhipov joined Nadmitov, Ivanov and Partners Law Firm LLC and Lyudmila Merkulova is now with Danilov & Partners. Andrey Kirillov was anew arrival from PwC Legal (PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal CIS B.V.).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Commercial, corporate and M&a: St Petersburg and elsewhere
- Intellectual property
- Private client
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: Lender or arranger side
- Energy and natural resources
- Commercial, corporate and M&a: Moscow