Mr Ivan Khamenushko > Pepeliaev Group > Moscow, Russia > Lawyer Profile
Pepeliaev Group Offices
BUILDING 1, 39 3RD TVERSKAYA
- Go to...
Mr Ivan Khamenushko
Senior Partner, Head of Tax Practice, PhD in Law, Attorney-at-Law
What he specialises in
Ivan Khamenushko specialises in financial law in the following areas:
- taxation; and
- foreign currency regulation.
Ivan has more than 20 years of experience in his areas of expertise. He advises clients, provides legal support during audits, and participates in settling clients’ disputes with state authorities both in court as well as out of court.
His main achievements
Ivan’s professional experience includes having advised and protected clients in numerous cases for major Russian and international companies.
His achievements include:
- providing support during a tax audit of a major energy supply organisation. Claims from the tax authority for additional tax exceeding RUB 2 billion were halved after objections to the audit report were considered; the remaining part of the claims was dismissed by the Russian Federal Tax Service, which admitted that the arguments stated in the appeal were justified;
- providing support during a tax audit of an international financial company. During the audit, the tax authority raised claims relating to thin capitalisation. At the stage when the objections were considered, notwithstanding the opposing case law, Ivan managed to put forward arguments that there were no grounds to apply the thin capitalisation rules in this situation. The claims were withdrawn in full;
- developing and successfully implementing methodology for supporting documentation in relation to the taxation of hedging transaction (dozens of projects implemented; with the documents he prepared helping the clients to successfully pass tax audits).
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Russia > Tax
Pepeliaev Group’s ‘client oriented team‘ maintains a strong reputation for domestic tax regulatory matters, where it is ‘highly experienced in tax compliance and the operations of tax authorities‘, corporate and private taxation and M&A and security market transactions. Andrey Tereschenko is assisting Hitachi Zosen Inova with tax and customs structuring concerning a large-scale waste incineration construction project in Moscow and Kazan. In other matters, practice head and tax disputes lead Rustem Ahmetshin is representing Atrium Europe Real Estate Group in a series of cases challenging the orders of the tax authorities. Andrey Nikonov has particular experience of profit tax, VAT, and mineral extraction tax and Ivan Khamenushko specialises in currency regulation and securities transactions. Valentina Akimova is recommended for transfer pricing and VAT disputes. Managing partner Sergey Pepeliaev is ‘a leading expert‘ in corporate and private taxation. Viktor Arhipov joined Nadmitov, Ivanov and Partners Law Firm LLC and Lyudmila Merkulova is now with Danilov & Partners. Andrey Kirillov was anew arrival from PwC Legal (PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal CIS B.V.).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Commercial, corporate and M&a: St Petersburg and elsewhere
- Intellectual property
- Private client
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: Lender or arranger side
- Energy and natural resources
- Commercial, corporate and M&a: Moscow