Ms Julia Borozdna > Pepeliaev Group > Moscow, Russia > Lawyer Profile
Pepeliaev Group Offices
BUILDING 1, 39 3RD TVERSKAYA
- Go to...
Ms Julia Borozdna
Employment and Migration Law Practice, Family and Inheritance Law Group
Partner, Head of Employment and Migration Law Practice, Head of Family and Inheritance Law Group
What she specialises in
Julia Borozdna – Partner, Head of Employment and Migration Law Practice. For over 20 years Julia has been providing legal support to clients (primarily, multinational and major Russian companies) on the full range of legal issues that may have an impact on their business from the perspective of employment and migration law. Julia offers solutions for protecting clients’ business interests and mitigating their risks.
She has extensive experience in the pre-trial settlement of labour disputes as well as in litigation.
Her main achievements
- for several years in a row Julia has been recognised as one of the leading experts in employment law in Russia by authoritative international legal directories, including The Best Lawyers, Chambers Europe, Legal 500, Kommersant Publishing House’s law firm rankings, Pravo.RU;
- under Julia’s leadership, the Labour and Migration Practice of Pepeliaev Group has become one of the largest and most successful in Russia;
- Julia is Chair of the Labour Law Subcommittee of the Association of European Business;
- Julia is the author and co-author of numerous articles on employment, migration, personal data, trade secret protection, and other legal issues. These have been published in such newspapers and journals as The Moscow Times, Vedomosti, Corporate UK, New Legislation and Legal Practice, General Director, Corporate Lawyer, Trudovye Spory, Kadrovoye Delo, Kadrovik.ru, Nalogoved, Getting the Deal Through, and many others.
- She is also a member of the expert board of Trudovye Spory (Employment Disputes) magazine.
- In 2012, Julia was appointed Deputy Chair of the Labour Law Subcommittee of the Association of European Business and in 2014 she was elected to chair the Subcommittee
- Julia is a member of the experts’ board of the Trudovyie Spory magazine
Julia Borozdna graduated from MGIMO University in 1999 (International Law Department).
Pepeliaev Group is distinguished by its highly specialised team, which comprises a large number of experts. Managing partner Sergey Pepeliaev brings a wealth of experience in handling contentious and advisory taxation issues to the group, as does Rustem Ahmetshin, who heads up the tax practice. For family and inheritance law mandates, Julia Borozdna and Olga Puchkova are the names to note. On the litigious side, the key contacts are Yuri Vorobyev and Yulia Litovtseva; the latter is particularly active in bankruptcy proceedings and is frequently appointed as a mediator at both the pre-trial and trial stages.
The employment and migration practice at Pepeliaev Group is split into two teams, one headed up by Julia Borozdna, and one under the leadership of Anna Berlina. Borozdna has over 20 years’ experience advising multinational and notable domestic companies on the full range of non-contentious labour law matters, and also frequently handles litigious work. Berlina is particularly known for assisting with employee dismissals, including on a large scale, and representing clients in their dealings with the State Labour Inspectorate and the Public Prosecutor’s Office. Senior associate Dmitry Zykov is noted for his expertise in issues relating to data privacy.