Mr Ilya Bolotnov > Pepeliaev Group > Moscow, Russia > Lawyer Profile
Pepeliaev Group Offices
BUILDING 1, 39 3RD TVERSKAYA
- Go to...
Mr Ilya Bolotnov
Partner, Head of Corporate Practice, Key Contact for Life Sciences Practice, LL.M
What he specialises in
Ilya specialises in corporate and contract law. For over 20 years, he has advised Russian and non-Russian clients on matters arising when they invest in Russia, M&A transactions, commercial and contract law and on antimonopoly regulation (including asset acquisitions, restructurings, the formation of joint ventures, and complex structuring of contractual relationships in Russia).
His main achievements
Ilya has led and been directly involved in a whole range of projects completed for Russian and international companies, of which the most significant are:
- full-fledged legal support for the launch on the Russian market of a leading European producer of insulation solutions, including representing the client in purchasing production facilities in Russia and setting up a joint venture in the context of an integrated restructuring of acquired assets and the subsequent buyout of the minority shareholder’s membership interest in the joint venture;
- represented a major transnational producer of pharmaceuticals and consumer goods in a transaction to acquire a business to distribute OTC drugs from an Indian company in Russia, CIS countries and certain other jurisdictions (a total of 14 jurisdictions);
- represented a private equity fund with a long track record of being active in Russia in transactions to invest in companies in Russia, including support in transactions under which key portfolio companies of the fund acquired new companies and assets;
- represented a producer of food products in connection with the sale to a Russian investor of production assets in the Russian region of Bashkortostan, which included: ensuring that all transaction documents were drafted; providing support during lengthy negotiations; and closing the transaction;
- acted for large companies engaged in car manufacturing, telecoms, the media and IT, drafting and implementing for them specific contracts or contractual models to handle ongoing business matters or implement new projects in Russia, including in connection with the expansion and restructuring of business;
- has been directly involved in and managed projects that involved conducting antitrust audits of major Russian and multinational pharmaceutical and energy companies, as well as companies in the consumer sector.
Ilya graduated from the law faculty of the Lomonosov Moscow State University and also obtained a Master of Laws degree (LL.M) with distinction.