Chris Knight > Hewitsons > Northampton, England > Lawyer Profile
- Go to...
East Midlands > Public sector > Education
Hewitsons‘ multi-faceted practice covers areas such as data protection, development and construction, dispute resolution, employment and regulatory advice for clients. It is also adept in independent school mergers and acquisitions, as well as single and multi-academy conversions. Practice head Chris Knight advises a number of clients from the charity sector on education-related issues.
East Midlands > Private client > Charities and not-for-profitWithin: Leading individuals -
The ‘range of expertise is outstanding’ at Hewitsons, with the team acting for a host of service-providing, corporate, grant-making and education charities, in addition to various other non-profit organisations. Practice head Chris Knight deploys his ‘vast knowledge of the charity sector’ in governance, commercial, regulatory and contentious matters. The group is also experienced in handling mergers and redevelopments.
East Anglia > Public sector > Education
Hewitsons has a diverse range of clients that includes schools and FE and HE colleges. Head of the charities and education practice Chris Knight now works predominantly from the Northampton office but spends time in Cambridge to advise the firm’s university, school and college clients. The firm’s services include charity law and governance, data protection advice, dispute resolution, employment, environmental law, pupil issues and M&A. James Simpson and Susanne Hinde frequently work on property matters for clients in the education sector, while Andrew Priest handles commercial matters.
- Charities and not-for-profit - East Midlands > Private client
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Education - East Midlands > Public sector
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate