Gareth Williams > Hewitsons > Northampton, England > Lawyer Profile
- Go to...
Agriculture, Food & Rural Business
Gareth acts for Landed Estates, farmers and other owners of rural businesses. Gareth deals with Estate and farm sales and purchases, Disposals of land for development, including Landowners’ Agreements, Options, Promotion, Hybrid and other development similar agreements and Estate and farm management including strategic advice and complex re-organisations.
Gareth also has experience dealing with Minerals and sporting leases, Tenancies including Agricultural Holdings, commercial and residential tenancies, CAP issues and Large & farm scale renewable energy schemes.
Member of the Agricultural Law Association. Member of Country Land and Business Association, sitting on the Northamptonshire County Committee and is a former member of the National Legal Parliamentary and Property Rights Committee Trustees of Landed Estates
Before becoming a lawyer Gareth grew up on the family dairy farm. Gareth read Law at the University of Wales, Aberystwyth before completing his Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, Chester. He trained at a major regional firm in Bristol, qualifying in 1997 and immediately specialised in agricultural property work. Gareth joined Hewitsons in 2002 and was made a partner in 2003.
East Midlands > Private client > Agriculture and estates(Leading individuals)
Hewitsons impresses through its ‘attention to detail’ and ‘practical advice’. Its client base includes substantial landed estates, in addition to major producers of cereals, potatoes, herbs, vegetable and livestock. Particularly strong on the transaction front, the team is well-versed in acting for farmers and rural estate owners on the disposal of agricultural land for residential and commercial developments. Renewables are an additional area of expertise, with the workload increasingly consisting of matters related to solar farms and battery storage. The ‘bright, hard-working and reliable’ Gareth Williams leads the department, which includes rising star Stephanie Dennis.
- Agriculture and estates - East Midlands > Private client
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Private client > Agriculture and estates
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate