Mr Alain Steichen > Bonn Steichen & Partners > Luxembourg, Luxembourg > Lawyer Profile
Bonn Steichen & Partners Offices
2 RUE PETERNELCHEN
2370 HOWALD LUXEMBOURG
- Go to...
Mr Alain Steichen
Tax | Corporate
- Alain is Managing Partner at BSP.
- He has been involved in numerous migrations of companies to Luxembourg and has advised on major domestic and international corporate restructurings, including pre-sale reorganisations and intra-group financings.
- He also advises on complex international and domestic recapitalisations, (de)mergers, acquisitions and sales of businesses, where he has vast experience in acting for banks and telecom solutions providers.
- Alain has extensive experience in tax litigation, negotiation with revenue authorities and settlement of disputes. As such, he advises multi-nationals, financial institutions, corporates and high net worth individuals on a number of ongoing tax and VAT local and cross-border disputes.
- He also regularly advises on various European tax law questions with particular focus on EU State aid.
- An Associate Professor at the University of Luxembourg in public finance, European tax, international tax and company taxation, he is the author of various books (15+) and articles on Luxembourg accounting, tax and company law.
- Former réviseur d’entreprises and former expert comptable, Alain was the head of Tax at PWC Luxembourg until 1996.
English, French, German, Luxembourgish.
- Admitted to the Luxembourg Bar, 1996; Paris, 1994.
- University of Saarbrücken, Germany, Doctorat en Droit (Ph.D. in Law), 1994.
- Université Paris I-Panthéon-Sorbonne, France, Maîtrise en Droit Privé, mention Droit des Affaires (Master in Private Law), 1984.
- Université Aix-Marseille III, France, Maîtrise en sciences économiques (Master in Economics), 1983.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Bonn Steichen & Partners‘ 11-strong team provides a ‘superior service‘ to a range of international and domestic clients, both on standalone tax matters, as well as in the context of transactional work handled by the firm. Particular areas of strength include Luxembourg tax structuring for financial sponsors on their M&A, as well as advising creditors on the Luxembourg tax implications related to large debt exposure with regard to international insolvency mandates. The ‘very experienced‘ Alain Steichen heads up the team and, as well as his advisory and transactional-related work, is also noted as one of the country’s foremost tax litigators. Counsel Daniel Riedel is ‘very competent‘ across a range of day-to-day tax advisory or compliance work, structuring and litigation.