Mr Pierre-Alexandre Degehet > Bonn Steichen & Partners > Luxembourg, Luxembourg > Lawyer Profile
Bonn Steichen & Partners Offices
2 RUE PETERNELCHEN
2370 HOWALD LUXEMBOURG
- Go to...
Mr Pierre-Alexandre Degehet
Corporate, M&A | Capital Markets | Banking & Finance | Startup & Fintech
Partner, Head of Corporate, M&A department | Head of Startup & Fintech department | Head of the French desk
- Pierre-Alexandre is a Partner and a member of the Corporate M&A, Private Equity, Capital Markets, Banking & Financial Services practices. He created and developed the Startup & Fintech practice and is Head of the French desk.
- In addition to general corporate law, he specialises in M&A, capital markets, stock exchange regulations and corporate governance involving listed and private companies. Pierre-Alexandre has participated to numerous stock exchanges transactions, hostile or friendly takeovers, equity investments in listed companies, contribution or demerger transactions, capital increases, public and private placements of equity or debt securities. He works for listed and private companies, including for small and mid-cap companies in the context of corporate matters, joint ventures and strategic alliances. Pierre-Alexandre has strong experience in advising companies and their boards or investors on corporate governance issues, on legal and regulatory responsibilities including directors’ duties, and shareholders’ meetings inclusive of the litigation side thereof.
- Additionally, Pierre-Alexandre has been involved in a number of capital markets transactions advising international and Luxembourg financial institutions and companies. He handles equity offering and listing matters.
- In relation to the Startup & Fintech practice, Pierre-Alexandre handles matters related to fintech, blockchain and cryptocurrency assets, and financial regulatory issues relating to electronic money or payment services and banking.
- Pierre-Alexandre also provides advice on BPO transactions, specialising in multi-jurisdiction outsourcings and outsourcings in the financial services sector.
- Having significant experience of the French market, Pierre-Alexandre is the founder and Head of BSP’s French desk.
- Prior to joining the firm, Pierre-Alexandre was senior legal counsel at Arcelor and advised on major financings and corporate restructurings. He actively participated in Arcelor’s defence team against Mittal Steel’s hostile takeover and subsequently acted in relation to the merger that created ArcelorMittal and all matters related to the implementation and integration phase.
- Pierre-Alexandre is the author of several publications and regularly lectures on corporate law and shareholders issues.
English, French, Italian.
- Admitted to the Luxembourg Bar, 1997.
- Katholieke Universiteit Brabant Tilburg, the Netherlands, LL.M., 1996.
- Université Catholique de Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, Licence en droit (Bachelor in Law), 1995.
- Faculté Universitaire Notre-Dame de la Paix, Namur, Belgium, Candidature en droit, 1992.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The ‘responsive and super helpful‘ team at Bonn Steichen & Partners is appreciated by funds and corporates for its M&A expertise and ability to effectively structure transactions, by virtue not only of the firm’s corporate strength but also its strong pedigree on the tax front. The team also regularly counsels board members on corporate governance issues and provides ongoing corporate and commercial advice to some clients which have signed up to a monthly subscription fee. The ‘very knowledgeable‘ Pierre-Alexandre Degehet is active across the spectrum of corporate and commercial work, and is also increasingly busy advising fintech and startups across a range of corporate and regulatory issues. Linda Harroch heads up the private equity function at the firm.