Mr Jacob Henriquez > Ploum > Rotterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
BLAAK 28, 3011 TA ROTTERDAM
PO BOX 711
3000 AS ROTTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Jacob Henriquez
Construction, Real Estate, Litigation
Attorney at law, partner
Jacob Henriquez specializes in Construction law, Real Estate and Arbitration. He is an experienced lawyer that handles complex matters in the Construction & Engineering, Real Estate, Infrastructure, and Offshore sectors, offering robust and knowledgeable representation across a broad range of topics.
Jacob advises his clients on forms of cooperation within real estate and construction projects, the types of contracts most suitable to the project (Design & Build, DBM, DBMO-agreements) as well as the allocation of project-specific design and construction risks.
He advises on contentious construction and infrastructure projects across a variety of industries, including transport, energy, petrochemical, and construction. He also negotiates and drafts construction agreements for (international) clients, amongst others EPC and O&M contracts for renewable energy projects. Most recently he has been involved in cases regarding construction projects in the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.
- Visiting lecturer on International Construction Law and Dispute Resolution (University of East Anglia, United Kingdom)
- Association for Dutch Construction Lawyers (VBR-A)
- IBA International Construction Projects committee
- Editorial board of ‘Construction Law International’ (CLInt)
- Netherlands Arbitration Institute
- General Council of the University of Glasgow (United Kingdom)
Lawyer Rankings(Firms to watch)
Jacob Henriquez launched the construction practice at Ploum in 2018 and the team has since developed with specific expertise in FIDIC contracts, both contentious and non-contentious, as well as construction-related matters within the renewable energy sector.