Mr Bert Theeuwes > Monard Law > Brussels, Belgium > Lawyer Profile
Monard Law Offices
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Mr Bert Theeuwes
– Skadden, Arps ,Slate Meagher & Flom
– LeBoeuf, Lamb, Green & MacRae
– Kelley, Drye & Warren
Bert Theeuwes is head of the employment practice in the Brussel office and advises national and international clients in the areas of employment law and international law.
Bert offers his clients a well-developed background in all areas of employment law ranging from hire & fire to reorganizations, international mobility and compensation and benefits. In addition, Bert advises on transnational matters such as EU social security law, expatriation and business migration.
Dutch, French, German, English and notions of Russian
– American Bar Association
– International Bar Association
– European Employment Law Society (EELA)
– UK Employment Law Society (ELA)
– Belgian Royal Institute for International Relations
– Master in Laws, University of Leuven, Belgium
– International Business, Harvard University, USA
– European Business Law, University of Paris V, France
Belgium > Employment
The employment and social law team at Monard Law is co-led by Peter Dufaux in Hasselt, Tom Messiaen in Ghent, and Bert Theeuwes in Brussels, and handles reorganisations, cross-border transfers, and litigation. Theeuwes has a broad practice, while Dufaux specialises in collective labour and social security matters, and Messiaen in criminal law issues.
Belgium > Not-for-profit
Monard Law is a key port of call for numerous hospitals, universities, trade associations, and social non-profits operating in the Belgian market. The team is led by Bert Theeuwes, a specialist in employment and international law who is supported by procurement expert Wouter Moonen – both of whom are praised for their ‘expertise, availability, and practical, actionable advice.’ Antwerp-based senior associate Thomas Christiaens is also recommended for his public procurement practice.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Intellectual property
- Private equity
- Real estate and construction
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- EU regulatory: Privacy and data protection
- Industry focus: IT and telecoms
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: Energy
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences