Mr Kristof Zadora > Monard Law > Hasselt, Belgium > Lawyer Profile
Monard Law Offices
GOUVERNEUR ROPPESINGEL 131
- Go to...
Mr Kristof Zadora
Kristof Zadora is a partner of our firm’s Commercial Law department specialising on the one hand in Distribution Law and the manufacturing activities of our clients and on the other hand in IT Law, privacy and data protection. He has experience in:
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements (e.g. distribution, commercial agency, franchising, commissioning, contract manufacturing, private label, service agreements);
- drafting and negotiating various types of IT contracts, such as software license agreements, SaaS contracts, SLAs, software development agreements, escrow agreements, servicing & support agreements, framework contracts, general terms and conditions and so on;
- the application, planning and implementation of the rules in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and acts as Data Protection Officer in the context of specific assignments. Kristof, for example, provides advice on the preparation of processing registers, carries out privacy audits, elaborates step plans for the implementation of the GDPR, drafts data processing agreements and provides type communication to data subjects in the exercise of their rights, information in the context of data breaches, in the creation of a databreach register, in the drafting of privacy policies and in terms and conditions for websites;
- risk assessment in view of potential court cases and settlements, nationally and internationally, in particular in the framework of ERP implementations;
- assisting clients in negotiating and settling disputes with customers and suppliers;
- conducting complex litigation cases before Belgian courts and alternative dispute resolution such as arbitration (e.g. International Court of Arbitration in Paris) and mediation;
- advising in regards to structuring of national and international distribution networks;
- advising clients from a variety of industries regarding compliance with competition law;
- E-commerce (distance selling), electronic invoicing, commercial practices, combined offers, unfair contract terms, comparative advertising, unfair competition and related injunctions.
Kristof advises clients from various industries and sectors, such as food and beverages (including supplements), medical devices, IT, technology, fashion, trading and wholesale, heavy machinery (e.g. construction, agriculture and state of the art production lines) and automotive.
Kristof is a member of the Hasselt bar and joined Monard Law in September 2005. In 2016 he was appointed as partner at Monard Law.
Kristof holds a licentiate in law (Catholic University of Leuven, 2005), graduated in fiscal sciences (Fiscal College Brussels, 2005) and underwent training as a mediator in civil and commercial disputes (bMediation, Brussels) in 2010.
In 2016 he attended a training at the Data Protection Institute in order to straighten his qualifications in privacy and data protection.
The Hasselt-based Monard Law routinely assists a diverse roster of Belgian and foreign corporates with the full gamut of IT sector work, including transfer agreement issues, public procurement software contracts, transactions, and disputes. The ‘very skilled‘ Kristof Zadora is recommended for his broad experience of commercial IT matters, encompassing cloud computing, big data and IoT. Maxime Monard handles transactions for venture-backed IT companies.
Monard Law maintains a full-service corporate offering, encompassing advisory, transactional, and litigation support, with expertise across the life sciences, pharma, IT and energy sectors. The firm has a number of long-standing domestic clients, and also works with international players and on cross-border deals. The team also has a solid commercial offering, led by co-head Kristof Zadora, who advises on commercial contracts and documents, competition issues, and product commercialisation. Co-head Nicole Segers oversees the corporate offering, with Pieter Van den Broeck and Jeroen Raskin also key members of the transactional team.