Mr Yaroslav Petrov > Asters > Kiev, Ukraine > Lawyer Profile
LEONARDO BUSINESS CENTRE
19-21 BOHDANA KHMELNYTSKOHO STREET
- Go to...
Mr Yaroslav Petrov
Energy, International Arbitration
Yaroslav focuses on energy law projects (oil & gas, electricity, renewable energy, and energy efficiency) as well as dispute resolution (international arbitration, and commercial litigation).
English, Ukrainian, Russian
- International Bar Association
- The Ukrainian Arbitration Association, Board Member, Secretary General (2013-2017)
- The Ukrainian Bar Association, member of the Council of the ADR Committee
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group, Regional representative for Ukraine
- ICDR Young & International, member
- The European Business Association, Co-chair of the Fuel & Energy Committee
- The Kiev Energy Research Institute, member
- The Ukrainian Bioenergy Association, member
- The Ukrainian Wind Energy Association, member
- The American Chamber of Commerce, member of the Energy Committee
- National reporter on behalf of Ukraine for KluwerArbitration.com and World Arbitration Reporter, published in Juris Publications
- The Energy Community, member of the roster of experts
- Stockholm University (Sweden), LL.M in International Arbitration, 2007;
- Donetsk National University, LL.M in Commercial Law, 2006;
- University of Nebraska at Omaha (USA), International Business and Management, 2004.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Asters‘ client roster includes developers, private equity funds and equity investors, lenders, contractors, project companies, traders and government agencies. It has a varied workload, which spans the development, financing, construction and operation of major energy projects. The firm also handles corporate transactions and regulatory matters in both the conventional and renewable energy markets, and is frequently called upon to assist with production-sharing agreements. Senior partner Armen Khachaturyan, partner Yaroslav Petrov and counsel Anzhelika Livitska jointly lead the practice. They combine experience in real estate, construction, project finance, regulatory matters and corporate transactions.
At Asters, the focus is on handling complex real estate projects and resolving unusual issues related to land and property, including those related to commercial, residential, land, industrial or infrastructure development. Its work covers deal structuring and negotiation, compliance matters and dispute resolution. Oleg Boichuk and Roman Kostenko jointly lead the real estate practice with Anzhelika Livitska (who is ‘one of the best land law and environmental law specialists in Ukraine‘) also playing a key role. Energy partner Yaroslav Petrov is also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property
- International trade
- Private client
- Real estate and construction
- White-collar crime