Ostermann & Partners LLP > Zagreb, Croatia > Firm Profile
Ostermann & Partners LLP Offices
Ulica grada Vukovara 284
Ostermann & Partners LLP > The Legal 500 Rankings
Croatia > Dispute resolution Tier 1Litigation underpins much of the work at Ostermann & Partners LLP and consequently it is extremely well-versed across a raft of domestic and EU-law related disputes impacting corporate clients, including as they relate to complex shareholder disputes. Led by the ‘committed, passionate and hard-working’ Mojmir Ostermann, the team is particularly effective at handling ‘difficult and complex disputes’, including high-level administrative law challenges as well as regulatory proceedings. Co-head Vjekoslav Ivančić is ‘always trying to think one step ahead’ and is particularly effective at representing clients in bankruptcy-related disputes. At an associate level Marijana Soldo Kubat ‘is very calm, diligent and pleasant to work with’.
‘They display a detailed approach on all matters at hand and leave no stone unturned. They are fast, responsive, detail-oriented, pragmatic and very proactive. They particularly stand out for difficult and complex matter disputes, which require perseverance and focus.’
‘They are a great hardworking and client-oriented team.’
‘It is a very professional and efficient practice. They approach each client with a very high level of individual care and with their expertise provide excellent service and advice in a wide range of legal problems.’
‘The team has the breadth and depth of skills, knowledge, and relevant experience to be able to deliver the best possible advice to the client. Ostermann & Partners LLP proved to be very collaborative, always on top of matters, knowledgeable, constructive, creative when needed the most, and pragmatic.’
‘Mojmir Ostermann is one of the best negotiators I have ever met. He is very prepared, persuasive and tough.’
‘Mojmir Osterman is very hands-on, always fully involved in all the work the group is doing with the practice. Mojmir provides not only exceptional legal support, but also has the ability to approach matters from a strategic and business perspective, pairing it with the legal aspects to find the best possible solution. On many occasions he has demonstrated an open-minded approach and out-of-the-box thinking, solving some of the most complex situations we faced. He is a committed, passionate and hard-working professional.’
‘Vjekoslav Ivančić has a very devoted approach, is almost “obsessed” in protecting his clients in court disputes, but also always has a clear strategy of making the dispute end favourable for his client (either by litigating or by settling, depending on the exact circumstances). He is always trying to think one step ahead, and for more than several times, I have seen him make game-changing moves.’
‘Marijana Soldo Kubat is focused, dedicated, goes the extra mile to provide us with answers to a variety of questions.’
HETA Asset Resolution
Meteor Grupa Labud
RO-RO Projekt bankruptcy estate
- Representing BLT ENERJİ ELEKTRİK in an unprecedented shareholder dispute in the Croatian market.
- Representing longstanding client Badel 1862 Jsc., in a procedure initiated by minority shareholders against the shareholders’ resolution on squeeze-out, brought in July 2020.
‘I appreciated their pragmatic approach and breadth of knowledge they have showed. Very proactive and pleasant to work with.’
‘They have vast knowledge of both local and international law, which is very important for our firm. They have great communication skills and have a true passion for their job. They also have excellent writing skills and extraordinary good judgement.’
‘Marijana Soldo Kubat is very detail-oriented and business savvy.’
Heta Asset Resolution Hrvatska
Hoteli Solaris d.d.
International Finance Corporation
Intesa Sanpaolo International Value Services
State Agency for Deposit Insurance and Bank Resolution
- Advised Hoteli Solaris during a supervision procedure which was conducted by the Croatian financial services supervisory agency (HANFA) in 2021.
- Engaged by Intesa Sanpaolo Value Services, a part of Intesa SanpaoloGroup dedicated to hi-tech evolution and IT maintenance, to review and comment on an IT services agreement.
- Advised Heta Asset Resolution Hrvatska on the negotiation of early termination of the existing lease agreements.
‘The team has unique experience in providing legal advice which is aligned with your business strategy. They have the capacity to approach the legal issue from both a legal and business perspective.’
‘The team has the breadth and depth of skills, knowledge, and relevant experience to be able to deliver the best possible advice to the client. They proved to be very collaborative, always on top of matters, knowledgeable, constructive, creative when needed the most, and pragmatic.’
‘They are a group of highly experienced professionals. I appreciated their pragmatic approach and breadth of knowledge they have showed. Very proactive and pleasant to work with.’
‘Vjekoslav Ivančić provided us with excellent legal advice which supported our business case. Since the contracts we were creating differed a lot from legal defaults in our country, his previous experience has given us confidence moving forward in the project.’
‘Mojmir Ostermann is very hands-on, always fully involved in all the work the group is doing with the practice. Mojmir provides not only exceptional legal support, but also has the ability to approach matters from a strategic and business perspective, pairing it with the legal aspects to find the best possible solution. On many occasions he has demonstrated an open-minded approach and out-of-the-box thinking, solving some of the most complex situations we faced. He is a committed and passionate hard-working professional.’
‘Barbara Vričko Hrabar is an extremely talented, hard-working and smart lawyer.’
‘Marijana Soldo Kubat is very calm, diligent and pleasant to work with.’
Connecting Europe Broadband Fund (CEBF)
Heta Asset Resolution Hrvatska
Intesa Sanpaolo IVS
State Agency for Deposit Insurance and Bank Resolution
TÜV NORD International
- Advising TÜV NORD International throughout the acquisition process of INGATEST, a local leader in health and safety and environment protection services in Croatia.
- Advised Osijek-Koteks in negotiating the terms of purchase of shares of Projektgradnja, one of the largest construction companies in Croatia, from Fortenova Group.
- Advised APS Investments on the purchase of a real estate portfolio from a leading regional bank.
Croatia > Employment Tier 2Headed by the ‘diligent and customer-oriented’ Marijana Soldo Kubat and Mojmir Ostermann, Ostermann & Partners LLP provides ‘fast and effective’ advice to domestic and international corporates from the construction, consumer, retail and TMT sectors. The firm's scope of employment law advice is broad and covers employment contract drafting, collective redundancies and collective bargaining as well as restructuring plans and employment litigation.
‘The team is very responsive. They are modern, approachable and in line with modern technologies. They are able to explain topics in a fully understandable way.’
‘The most important strength of Ostermann is their employees which are always on disposition to their clients and will always give straightforward answers regarding legal matters and disputes.’
‘They are very professional, fast and effective.’
‘Marijana Soldo Kubat is very reliable, diligent and customer-oriented.’
- Reviewing the agreement concluded between Deutsche Post and the European Works Council formed by its employees regarding election procedures and voting options.
- Advising IKEA across a range of general labour law matters and employment agreements.
- Defending OSIJEK-KOTEKS, a construction company, in numerous cases brought by its employees.
‘The team is very responsive, efficient and solutions-oriented.’
‘Their legal knowledge and knowledge of the market is really exceptional.’
‘Ana Vrsaljko Metelko – she is really an exceptional lawyer, I trusted her completely throughout the process. She was helpful and very approachable, and always delivered everything on time.’
HETA Asset Resolution
- Advised APS Investments, on matters related to the purchase of a real estate portfolio from the leading regional bank.
- Advised Heta Asset Resolution on the sale of distressed debt arising out of several loan agreements executed for the purpose of financing construction of a hotel and marina on a concession on maritime domain.
- Advising Kamen-Psunj, a company engaged in non-metalic mining and quarry operations, in a procedure for granting concession against Beton-Lučko, a company which claimed legal priority over the land in question.
Ostermann & Partners LLP > Firm Profile
Who we are
Ostermann & Partners is one of the leading independent Croatian full-service law firms. Our team consists of committed, solution-oriented and globally minded individuals, some of whom have completed postgraduate studies at the most prestigious international universities abroad.
What sets us apart
We provide our clients with advice and expertise at the highest level, regardless of their scope of business or size, while placing a strong emphasis on developing a comprehensive understanding of our clients’ business. We are recognized for our dedication and innovation as we continuously strive to offer our clients simple and creative solutions aimed at resolving even the most complex legal problems.
The quality of our work has been recognized by the most prominent legal directories, such as The Legal 500, Chambers and IFLR. For many years our firm has been ranked in the following legal areas:
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Commercial and corporate law and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Privatization, projects and energy
Founder and managing partner Mojmir Ostermann is ranked/recommended for:
- Banking, finance and capital markets (The Legal 500, Chambers Europe, IFLR)
- Commercial and corporate law and M&A (The Legal 500, Chambers Europe and Global, IFLR)
- Dispute Resolution (The Legal 500, Chambers Europe)
- Privatization, projects and energy (The Legal 500)
Vjekoslav Ivančić, partner, for:
- Banking and finance (The Legal 500, Chambers Europe)
Mojmir has been listed in The Legal 500‘s ‘Hall of Fame’ for Commercial, Corporate and M&A, as one of only two attorneys with ‘Hall of Fame’ status. The ‘Hall of Fame’ is The Legal 500’s most prestigious category, which highlights individuals who have received constant praise by their clients for continued excellence.
Aside through quality of our work, our impact on the Croatian market has also been recognized through participation in large-scale projects.
For the past five years our firm has been either shortlisted or awarded for excellence in handling landmark cases in the Croatian market by the acclaimed legal publications CEELM.
We pride ourselves on our expertise and experience ranging from what would be deemed as regular to unprecedented legal work and the recognition it received.
|Managing Partner||Mojmir Ostermannemail@example.com||+385 1 55 99 800|