Thomas H. Schmitz > HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER > Dusseldorf, Germany > Lawyer Profile
HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER Offices
- Go to...
Thomas H. Schmitz
IP, Trademark, Unfair competition & Trade secrets
Thomas H. Schmitz has worked as an attorney since 1998 and advises German and international clients in various fields of intellectual property law, in particular trademarks and designs, unfair competition and copyright. He is a highly experienced litigator with a focus on plagiarism and trademark infringement. He also advises on the development of his clients’ advertising and marketing strategies as well as product development. He drafts and negotiates licences and cooperation agreements and advises on IP-intensive transactions.
During his studies at the Universities of Cologne and Lausanne he specialized in intellectual property law. He then focused further on this specialization in different law firms and as the in-house counsel of a major telecommunications company. In addition, Thomas is also a lecturer at Hagen Law School and Maastricht University
German, English, French
- L’Association Internationale des Juristes pour le Droit de la Vigne et du Vin (AIDV)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- Association of European Trade Mark Owners (MARQUES)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf (Law, 1998), University of Cologne (Law), Université de Lausanne (Law, 1993)