Louis Castellani > Harbottle & Lewis LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Harbottle & Lewis LLP Offices
7 Savoy Court
- Go to...
Partner in litigation; undertakes a broad range of commercial litigation with experience that includes acting in cases in the High Court, the appellate courts and the Public Inquiries and Coroners Inquests, as well as cases under various arbitration rules. His clients include international businesses, state agencies and private offices from a wide variety of industries and countries for whom he also acts in an advisory capacity on managing risk and avoiding litigation. Louis also advises the firm’s sports clients on disciplinary and arbitration proceedings, as well as on regulatory issues. Case highlights include: BNP Paribas v AHAB v Maan Al-Sanea; Saad Investments Company Ltd (in liquidation) v Maan Al-Sanea (Court of Appeal); The Litvinenko Inquest and Inquiry; Lucasfilm Ltd v Ainsworth (Supreme Court); Experience Hendrix LLC v Times Newspapers Ltd; PRS for Music v Festival Republic Ltd and LiveNation Music (UK) Ltd v Gaming International Ltd.
Trained Clyde & Co; qualified 2000; partner 2010; solicitor-advocate (civil).
Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary lawyers.
St Peter’s RC School; King’s College London (1995, LLB)
Harbottle & Lewis LLP‘s ‘commercial litigation group is excellent; it is also innovative and dependable‘. The team acts for the firm’s established core media, technology and entertainment client base, as well as the retail and financial sectors and high-net-worth clients. Andy Millmore heads the dispute resolution team and Sandi Simons is commercial litigation head. Louis Castellani is also highly regarded, Matthew Leverton was made partner, and Georgina Long promoted to senior associate; former senior associate Melanie Hart is now at Ince.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Risk advisory > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Employment: employers