Matthew Leverton > Harbottle & Lewis LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Harbottle & Lewis LLP Offices
7 Savoy Court
- Go to...
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Partner with wide-ranging litigation and dispute resolution experience.
Matthew is routinely instructed on high value commercial disputes acting for clients operating in a variety of sectors, including technology, engineering, financial services, entertainment, sport, fashion and retail. He has significant experience in representing private individuals (including ultra-high net worth individuals) in connection with contentious issues of all kinds, acting to protect those individuals’ assets, property, information and personal interests. Matthew also has extensive contentious property experience, representing clients of all kinds in respect of their property interests and disputes.
Trained at Travers Smith LLP, qualified in 2007. Made partner at Harbottle & Lewis in 2018
1993-1998: Westminster School
1998-2002: Oxford University (Wadham College) (MA Classics)
2003-2005: College of Law (Bloomsbury) (GDL and LPC)
Harbottle & Lewis LLP‘s ‘commercial litigation group is excellent; it is also innovative and dependable‘. The team acts for the firm’s established core media, technology and entertainment client base, as well as the retail and financial sectors and high-net-worth clients. Andy Millmore heads the dispute resolution team and Sandi Simons is commercial litigation head. Louis Castellani is also highly regarded, Matthew Leverton was made partner, and Georgina Long promoted to senior associate; former senior associate Melanie Hart is now at Ince.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Risk advisory > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Employment: employers