Matthew Leverton > Harbottle & Lewis LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Harbottle & Lewis LLP Offices
7 Savoy Court
- Go to...
Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Matthew is a Partner with wide-ranging litigation and dispute resolution experience.
He is routinely instructed on high value commercial disputes acting for clients operating in a variety of sectors, including technology, engineering, financial services, entertainment, sport, fashion and retail. He has significant experience in representing private individuals (including ultra-high net worth individuals) in connection with contentious issues of all kinds, acting to protect those individuals’ assets, property, information and personal interests. Matthew also has extensive contentious property experience, representing clients of all kinds in respect of their property interests and disputes.
He also advises companies, individuals, and office holders on contentious insolvency issues and co-heads the firm’s Restructuring and Insolvency group.
- Trained at Travers Smith LLP, qualified in 2007.
- Made partner at Harbottle & Lewis in 2018
- i-Tech Law
- Law Society
- 1993-1998: Westminster School
- 1998-2002: Oxford University (Wadham College) (MA Classics)
- 2003-2005: College of Law (Bloomsbury) (GDL and LPC)
‘An excellent mid-market option‘, Harbottle & Lewis LLP‘s commercial litigation team routinely represents the firm’s core media, technology and entertainment sector clients in major disputes. It also acts for retail and financial sector clients, as well as HNW individuals from the firm’s renowned private capital department. Commercial litigation leader Sandi Simons ‘gets on top of cases’ details‘; Louis Castellani‘s caseload covers a range of contentious work; Matthew Leverton is ‘a standout litigator‘; and Sofie Hoffman acts in contentious trust and probate claims involving dishonesty allegations. In June 2023, Georgina Long and Lizzie Williams were elevated to managing associate level.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Film & TV
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Media finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Theatre, publishing and other media
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Video games
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Advertising & marketing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Music
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Residential property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Industry focus > TMT
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Employment > Employers