Catherine Bedford > Harbottle & Lewis LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Harbottle & Lewis LLP Offices
7 Savoy Court
- Go to...
Partner, Head of the Family Group
Catherine Bedford deals with all areas of family law including divorce and separation; the breakdown of civil partnerships; cohabitation disputes; jurisdictional disputes and enforcement; pre- and post-nuptial agreements; freezing injunctions; appeals; and applications to vary maintenance.
Depending on each client’s needs, Catherine’s approach is tailor made – whether that be successful negotiating outside of the court process or tough litigating within it. Her work frequently involves high net worth individuals, ranging from high-flying CEOs and investment bankers, to sports stars and entertainers.
Catherine specialises in complex financial matters, frequently advising her clients with regard to assets and trust structures, including locating hidden assets.
Catherine is also highly experienced in all private law children matters including residence and contact; leave to remove children from the jurisdiction (both achieving and preventing); specific issue applications and prohibited steps orders.
Catherine completed a degree in English Literature at McGill University in Montreal, Canada before moving to the UK to read Law at Oxford University. She joined Lee & Thompson as a partner in 2007 and founded the firm’s Family group. Catherine joined Harbottle & Lewis in April 2017, bring the entire Lee & Thompson team with her.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Harbottle & Lewis LLP represents high-net-worth clients primarily with public profiles to protect on the full spectrum of family law matters. Areas of expertise include advising on child abduction, advising same-sex couples in relation to children and financial issues as well as on alternative family cases such as artificial insemination and surrogacy cases. The practice is also experienced at advising on financial claims for non-married couples. Head of team Catherine Bedford is skilled at advising on cases involving relocations as well as Schedule 1 financial provision claims.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Risk advisory > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Employment: employers