David Scott > Harbottle & Lewis LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Harbottle & Lewis LLP Offices
7 Savoy Court
- Go to...
- Private client
Tax and private client partner and head of charities and philanthropy.
Trained Freshfields; qualified 2000; partner Harbottle & Lewis LLP 2011.
Harbottle & Lewis LLP is best known for its work on advising corporate foundations, media-related fundraising charities as well as subsidised arts organisations. It also continues to advise a number of new charities on a diverse range of matters with David Scott and Colin Howes at the helm. Scott’s practice spans from advising well-known charities to advising high-net-worth individuals on their personal philanthropy. Howes provides advice in relation to various charities’ ongoing governance and compliance as well broader legal issues.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Risk advisory > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Employment: employers