Andy Millmore > Harbottle & Lewis LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Harbottle & Lewis LLP Offices
7 Savoy Court
- Go to...
Litigation; intellectual property; advertising and marketing
Partner and head of Dispute Resolution Services. Heavyweight and complex litigation and ADR, with an emphasis on IP litigation and strategy, including patent issues as well as soft IP such as copyright, trade marks and brands. Accredited mediator.
- Qualified Macfarlanes 1985; partner 1990-2000. Head elect of Litigation department and in charge of contentious IP.
- Millmores, IP litigation/ strategy boutique firm (sole practitioner) 2000-2004
- 2004 merged with Harbottle & Lewis
French, German and some Italian
- ITMA (associate)
- Law Society
- Hove County Grammar School for Boys
- Peterhouse, Cambridge 1979-1982 (MA Law First Class Honours)
- College of Law, Guildford 1982-83 (Distinction)
Harbottle & Lewis LLP combines trade mark and soft IP expertise with big-ticket advertising and sponsorship work, as well as advising on the regulatory aspects of marketing and promotions, adtech and contentious proceedings before the UK and EU Intellectual Property Offices (IPO). As head of the advertising group, Michael Lister primarily advises on the commercialisation of IP rights, sponsorship and collaborative arrangements, as well as regulatory issues. Andy Millmore is also a name to note for work in the digital media space. On the IP side, Shireen Peermohamed advises on trade mark registration, portfolio management and prosecution, while Sacha Wilson has ‘excellent, in-depth knowledge of the advertising and media buying sector‘. Senior associate Kostyantyn Lobov is likewise recommended for trade mark enforcement actions and media regulatory work. Jeremy Morton departed to Temple Bright LLP.
Harbottle & Lewis LLP ‘has an excellent understanding of the media industry and the client’s commercial needs‘. The group handles a range of contentious matters including brand protection and copyright enforcement work, as well as non-contentious issues relating to corporate transactions, licensing and other agreements. The team is jointly led by the ‘simply brilliant‘ Shireen Peermohamed, who handles a range of brand management matters; and Andy Millmore who focuses on disputes. Senior associate and litigator Kostyantyn Lobov, who counts technology and entertainment among his sector specialisms, is also a name to note.
- Brand management - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Intellectual property - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Risk advisory > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Employment: employers