Tony Littner > Harbottle & Lewis LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Harbottle & Lewis LLP Offices
7 Savoy Court
- Go to...
Corporate partner and head of the venture capital group specialising in providing strategic corporate and commercial advice to growing entrepreneurial businesses, angel and super angel investors, and venture capital funds. He also handles a broad range of company/commercial work including mergers and acquisitions, disposals, reorganisations, joint ventures and shareholder arrangements, advising clients particularly from the media and entertainment, communications and technology sectors.
Trained Herbert Smith LLP, 2003-05; qualified 2003; Harbottle & Lewis LLP, 2005-present.
Haberdashers Askes School for Boys, Elstree; College of Law, University of Birmingham (1999, LLP Law (First class)).
Running, football, cinema, theatre.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Led by the ‘solutions-oriented‘ Tony Littner, Harbottle & Lewis LLP‘s ‘cohesive and collaborative‘ three-partner team is particularly well versed at handling mandates for entrepreneurs within the technology and media space, where it is able to provide a ‘comprehensive service‘ by virtue of its interdisciplinary approach which often draws in experts from the IP and broader tech teams. Although the team is traditionally better known for its company-side work, it is increasingly active for investors, which include traditional venture capital funds, as well as corporate venturers, including GMG Ventures.
Recognised for its representation of rights holders in the media, sports and entertainments sectors, Harbottle & Lewis LLP‘s technology team assists with a range of commercial and venture capital transactions. Practice head Daniel Tozer regularly advises established technology companies and start-ups on the development and commercialisation of new technologies. Michael Lister focuses on the use of cutting edge technology in sport and other forms of entertainment, while Tony Littner leads the firm’s start-up and venture capital group. The practice also benefits from the addition of the ‘very practical, solution-driven‘ and ‘extremely user-friendly‘ Sacha Wilson, who joined from Bristows LLP and is ‘extremely experienced in media and advertising‘.
- Leading individuals - London > Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Venture capital - London > Corporate and commercial
- IT and telecoms - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Risk advisory > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Employment: employers