Sofie Hoffman > Harbottle & Lewis LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Harbottle & Lewis LLP Offices
7 Savoy Court
- Go to...
Sofie Hoffman acts on a number of international contentious trust and probate matters, frequently involving allegations of fraud and dishonesty.
She also represents victims of fraud, both companies and individuals, in assisting them to recover the proceeds of fraud through the Civil Courts.
Sofie initially developed her specialism in trust and fraud cases, including cases of undue influence and forgery, whilst working at leading Magic Circle Firm Allen & Overy.
Sofie also has the advantage of having worked in-house. Between 2001 to 2005, Sofie worked in the litigation team at Lloyds of London, continuing to work on cases involving allegations of dishonesty or wrong-doing. Her in-house experience provided her with an understanding of the importance of identifying at the outset of a case the client’s objectives and delivering a solution which meets those objectives.
Sofie joined Harbottle & Lewis’ Private Capital team in March 2020 from Edmonds Marshall McMahon where she advises on all aspects of trust and probate disputes, frequently involving multiple jurisdictions and allegations of wrongdoing.
‘An excellent mid-market option‘, Harbottle & Lewis LLP‘s commercial litigation team routinely represents the firm’s core media, technology and entertainment sector clients in major disputes. It also acts for retail and financial sector clients, as well as HNW individuals from the firm’s renowned private capital department. Commercial litigation leader Sandi Simons ‘gets on top of cases’ details‘; Louis Castellani‘s caseload covers a range of contentious work; Matthew Leverton is ‘a standout litigator‘; and Sofie Hoffman acts in contentious trust and probate claims involving dishonesty allegations. In June 2023, Georgina Long and Lizzie Williams were elevated to managing associate level.
- Hall of Fame London > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Film & TV
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Media finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Theatre, publishing and other media
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Video games
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Advertising & marketing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Music
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Residential property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Industry focus > TMT
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Employment > Employers