Ms Rania Khoury > Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm > Beirut, Lebanon > Lawyer Profile
Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm Offices
OMT BUILDING - 266 SAMI EL SOLH AVENUE
PO BOX 116-5079, BEIRUT MUSEUM 1106-2010
- Go to...
Ms Rania Khoury
Arbitration, Intellectual Property, Licensing, Franchising, Entertainment Law
Rania Khoury is a partner at Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm, and heads the Arbitration practice of the Firm. Rania has gained over 20 years of international experience working in Paris, the US and Lebanon.
Rania has represented several notable clients in winning complex domestic and international arbitration cases under the rules of all major arbitral institutions in Lebanon and Europe, with a particular focus on disputes in media, construction, energy, finance and intellectual property. She is regularly solicited to serve as arbitrator, most recently on a high-profile construction case in Qatar.
Before joining the Firm, she worked for prestigious law firms in Paris such as Dentons, Gide Loyrette Nouel, and CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre, as well as for the Supreme Court of Arizona in the United States. She has won several awards for the work she has accomplished in the United States, such as the You Outbid Yourself Award and the Arizona Judicial Council Award for the Implementation of the GPS program.
French, English and Arabic
- Admitted to the Paris Bar Association (with highest honors)
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member of the ICC Task Force on Emergency Arbitrator Proceedings in Paris
- Master I in Private Law, University of Nanterre-Paris X (with honors)
- Master II (DESS) in Intellectual Property Law, University of Paris II-Assas (with honors)
- Master II (DEA) in English and North American Business Law, University of Sorbonne-Paris I (with honors)
- Lecturer in Civil Law at the Faculty of Law of the Saint-Joseph University of Beirut
- Speaker at the Union of Arab Banks on Arbitration in the Resolution of Banking and Commercial Disputes, and at the ICC Young Arbitrators Forum on Challenges and Remedies for Enforcing Arbitral Awards in Arab Countries
Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm stands out for its commercial arbitration experience and handles high-profile mandates including at the ICC and ICSID. Head of domestic and international arbitration; Rania Khoury is the key contact for disputes, particularly in the construction, media, and energy space. It has also seen an increase of banking-related litigation in the past year. Carlos Abou Jaoude handles high-value arbitrations and lawsuits and is supported by Simon El Kai on the pharmaceutical side. Senior associate Hachem El Housseini is also of note. The team also acts as co-counsel with international law firms.