Ms Rita Papadopoulou > Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm > Beirut, Lebanon > Lawyer Profile
Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm Offices
OMT BUILDING - 266 SAMI EL SOLH AVENUE
PO BOX 116-5079, BEIRUT MUSEUM 1106-2010
- Go to...
Ms Rita Papadopoulou
Banking, Finance (including Investment funds, Islamic Finance and Private Equity), Capital Markets, Structured Products, Project Finance, Energy.
Rita Papadopoulou is a partner (English Solicitor) at Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm and heads the Capital Markets and Structured Products practice. Before joining AJA, Rita pursued an over decade-long distinguished career in London as a structured finance and derivatives lawyer, working with leading top tier global investment banks, such as JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs, as well as with the leading global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright.
Rita’s broad practice combines both transactional and advisory expertise and includes structured derivatives, capital markets and securities, structured finance, Islamic finance, private equity, funds, derivatives regulation and banking regulation. She has been integral in many award-winning innovative multibillion finance deals, with an emphasis on the emerging markets, representing a broad range of global financial institutions and other clients on highly structured equity deals, finance-linked hedging, MTN restructurings and structured derivatives of all asset classes.
Rita has also previously served as a special adviser to the Greek Parliament with emphasis on financial markets and economics.
She is a leading lawyer with prominent global legal directories such as IFLR 1000 and a recommended lawyer with the prominent global legal directory Legal 500. Rita is also a keynote speaker at the Euromoney Lebanon conference and has regularly lectured at banking seminars.
- Advised Deutsche Bank on a $350M series of structured repo transactions with Société Générale de Banque au Liban
- Advised a prominent Lebanese bank on the structural, transactional and regulatory aspects of the issuance of a multi-million ETFs-linked certificates programme, the first-of-its kind in the Lebanese market, covering a variety of asset classes, including equities, indices, currencies and commodities.
- Advised a prominent Lebanese bank on the structural, transactional and regulatory aspects of the issuance of a multi-million index-linked certificate, the first-of-its kind in the Lebanese market, and its related complex hedging arrangements.
- Advised a prominent Lebanese bank on the structural, transactional and regulatory aspects of a multi- million issuance of preferred shares.
- Advised the major Danish-German BWSC/MAN Diesel consortium on two EPC contracts with the Lebanese Government for the circa Euro 270 Million reciprocating engines power projects in Lebanon.
English and Greek
Law Society of England and Wales
Athens Bar Association
International Bar Association
- LLM in Banking and Finance, Queen Mary University – London School of Economics, London
- LLM in Private International Law and EU Law, University of Athens, Athens
- LLB (Hons) Law, University of Athens, Athens
- Author of The Asset Management Review, 9th Edition, for Lebanon, published by The Law Reviews and edited by Slaughter and May, UK
- Author of Fund Management, 2020 Edition, for Lebanon publlished by Lexology Getting the Deal Through and edited by K&L Gates, UK
Author of The Asset Management Review, 8th Edition, for Lebanon, published by The Law Reviews and edited by Slaughter and May, UK
- Co-author of the Lebanon Chapter of IFLR’s Mifid II Implementation Report 2018
Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm fields a stellar banking and finance practice with outstanding finance, combined with capital markets experience. In addition to representing local and foreign banks (including advising the Central Bank of Lebanon on the first ever critical capital controls legislation), it also advises a broad range of clients on domestic and international extensions of credit and syndicated facilities. Carlos Abou Jaoude, Souraya Machnouk and Eddy Maghariki are the recommended team heads and Rita Papadopoulou heads the capital markets and structured products practice.