Ms Souraya Machnouk > Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm > Beirut, Lebanon > Lawyer Profile
Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm Offices
OMT BUILDING - 266 SAMI EL SOLH AVENUE
PO BOX 116-5079, BEIRUT MUSEUM 1106-2010
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Ms Souraya Machnouk
Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Banking, Finance, Capital Markets, Energy, Project Development, Tax, Government Relations & Public Policy, Data Protection and Privacy, Telecoms, Franchising
Souraya Machnouk is a partner at Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm, and heads the M&A practice. She previously worked at Norton Rose Fulbright in Paris. Souraya has more than 15 years of experience advising prominent clients across industries, with a practice distinguished by an in-depth specialization and a particular expertise leading on complex ground-breaking transactions.
Souraya participates in several government-led legal reform initiatives aimed at enhancing the investment climate in Lebanon.
Souraya is consistently recognized as a leading lawyer by prominent international directories, including Chambers & Partners, The Legal 500 (Hall of Fame) and IFLR1000. She was named to IFLR1000’s Women Leaders in EMEA, which recognizes “the most prominent female lawyers working in the areas of law “.
Arabic, French and English
- Admitted to the Beirut Bar
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of the American Chamber of Commerce’s (AmCham) Banking & Finance Committee
- Member of the board of experts of the Lebanese Franchise Association
- Member of the special inter-ministerial legal committee for the Reform of the Investment Climate in Lebanon organized by the Presidency of the Council of Ministers in collaboration with the World Bank and the IFC
- Member of the board of T2SD, an initiative by the UNDP aimed at engaging the private sector in contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SGDs), through the promotion and implementation of CSR strategies in line with the SDGs, and the lobbying for a national sustainable development agenda
- JD double major in Private and Public Law, Saint Joseph University, Lebanon
- Advanced Graduate Degree (DEA) in Banking & Financial Markets Law, Saint Joseph University accredited by the University of Paris II-Assas, France
- Master of Laws (LLM), George Washington University jointly with Georgetown University, USA
- Certificate of Qualification in Syndicated Loan Markets Documentation, Loan Market Association, UK
- Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration, International Chamber of Commerce, France
- Diploma in Leadership in Law Firms, Executive Program, Harvard Law School, USA
- Co-author of the Lebanon chapter of the Inward Investment & International Taxation Review published by The Law Reviews and edited by Latham & Watkins USA; the Lebanon chapter of the Banking Regulation guide published by Getting the Deal Through and edited by Wachtell, Lipton, Rose and Katz USA; the Lebanon chapter of the Energy Regulation & Markets Review published by The Law Reviews and edited by Latham & Watkins USA; The Lebanon chapter of the Data Protection in the Financial Sector guide published by One Trust Data Guidance
- Contributor to the World Bank Lebanon Doing Business Reports on “Starting a Business”, “Getting Credit”, “Registering Property”, and “Contracting with the Government”
- Speaker at the Euromoney Lebanon conference, the International Beirut Energy Forum (IBEF) on Lebanon’s First Power Purchase Agreement, and the Annual Harvard Arab World Conference (HAWC) on Lebanon’s energy sector
Lebanon > Banking, finance and capital markets(Leading individuals)
Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm is a go-to option for banking-related corporate governance, regulatory compliance and M&A. The team, which is co-headed by Carlos Abou Jaoude and Souraya Machnouk, also possesses an in-depth knowledge of investment banking matters, credit and syndicated facilities, and financial product issuances.
Lebanon > Commercial, corporate and M&A(Hall of Fame)
At Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm, the team is widely acclaimed for its handling of market leading M&A, private equity deal, corporate structuring, company formation, reorganisation and corporate governance affairs. The practice is co-led by the quartet of Carlos Abou Jaoude, Simon El Kai, Souraya Machnouk and Ibrahim Barraj.
Lebanon > Real estate and construction (including projects)
Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm is a premiere choice for the full array of real estate mandates, major construction projects, and a wealth of matters within the energy space, including oil and gas, electricity and renewable energy schemes. The team heads are Carlos Abou Jaoude and Souraya Machnouk.
Lebanon > Tax
Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm is equipped to support on the full spectrum of domestic and international tax matters, including transactional tax structuring, employment tax and corporate restructuring. The team is co-led by Carlos Abou Jaoude and Souraya Machnouk.
- Banking, finance and capital markets - Lebanon
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Lebanon
- Hall of Fame - Lebanon > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Leading individuals - Lebanon > Banking, finance and capital markets
- Real estate and construction (including projects) - Lebanon
- Tax - Lebanon
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking, finance and capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Real estate and construction (including projects)