Oksana Karel > Arzinger > Kiev, Ukraine > Lawyer Profile
SENATOR BUSINESS CENTRE
32/2 MOSKOVSKA STREET, 10TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Counsel, Co-Head of International Litigation and Arbitration, Attorney-At-Law
Oksana specializes in international investment and commercial arbitration. Also, Oksana has extensive experience in commercial, administrative, and civil process.
Oksana represents clients in international investment and commercial arbitrations considered under the rules of ICSID, UNCITRAL, LCIA, ICC, VIAC, SCC, ICAC at the CCI of Ukraine etc. She also advises clients on issues of applicable law, jurisdiction over disputes with an international element, cancellation of arbitral awards, recognition, and enforcement of arbitral awards and foreign court decisions.
- Board Member of the UBA Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- Ambassadors to the ICC Belt and Road Commission.
- Included in the VIAC (Vienna International Arbitration Center) List of International Arbitration Practitioners.
- Recommended arbitrator in financial restructuring pursuant to the Law of Ukraine “On Financial Restructuring”.
English, Russian, Ukrainian, German, French
- International Chamber of Commerce Young Arbitrators Forum (ICC YAF)
- Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)
- Young ICSID
- YConstruction (Young International Construction Practitioners)
- German Arbitration Institute below 40 (DIS 40)
- Ukrainian Arbitration Association
- Ukrainian Bar Association
- Arbitral Women
Kyiv National Linguistic University, Law specialist with knowledge of English and French
Heidelberg Ruprecht Karls University (Germany), LL.M
Master Thesis: “Arbitration Agreement in Multilateral Disputes”
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
At Arzinger, the team is ‘always available and has in-depth knowledge of the individual cases‘. The practice has three partners – Sergii Shkliar, Kateryna Gupalo and Markian Malskyy – who handle commercial, investment, administrative and banking disputes. Counsel Oksana Karel is ‘a class act and particularly adept at international litigation‘. The firm recently represented hedge fund Promeritum Fund in a $45m insolvency dispute involving borrowers with assets in the conflict zone in Eastern Ukraine.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction
- White-collar crime