Markian Malskyy > Arzinger > Kiev, Ukraine > Lawyer Profile
SENATOR BUSINESS CENTRE
32/2 MOSKOVSKA STREET, 10TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Partner, Head of West Ukrainian Branch, Dr. jur., Attorney-at-law, MCIArb
Prior to joining Arzinger, Markian worked as a lawyer in the international arbitration team at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in Paris.
He has been Head of Arzinger’s Western Ukrainian Branch in Lviv since 2009. The lawyers of the branch support numerous large-scale projects. They advise on real estate, construction, information technology, business structuring, representation in litigations, provide advice and support for public-private partnership projects, etc. Since 2011, Arzinger’s Branch in Lviv has been ranked first among the leading regional law firms of the Western region of Ukraine according to “Yurydychna Praktyka.”
Markian has been leading the ADR practice since 2010. He has vast experience in resolving corporate disputes in the energy sector, contractual disputes, sales and services, real estate & construction disputes, enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards, real estate and M&A transactions. He was engaged in the settlement of over 300 disputes, including under the ICSID, ICC, SCC, UNCITRAL, LCIA and ICAC rules.
He is the author of four books, more than 100 scientific papers and more than 300 articles and commentaries.
- Honorary Consul of Austria in Lviv
- Member of the Coordination Council of the Western Ukrainian Office of the European Business Association (2010 – 2019)
- Board Member of the Ukrainian Arbitration Association (2012 – 2019)
- Recommended arbitrator: Vienna International Arbitral Centre
- International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Arbitration Court attached to the Czech Chamber of Commerce and the Agricultural Chamber of the Czech Republic
- Arbitration Center of Mexico
- Nowy Tomyśl Chamber of Commerce (Poland)
- China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC)
- Korean Commercial Arbitration Board
- International arbitration court “Chamber of Arbitrators at the Union of Lawyers” (Belarus)
- Recommended arbitrator in the financial restructuring procedure pursuant to the Law of Ukraine “On Financial Restructuring”
- Chisinau International Court of Commercial Arbitration (CACIC)
- Riga International Commercial Arbitration Court (RICAC)
English, Russian, Ukrainian, German, Polish, French
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Young International Arbitration Group (LCIA YIAG)
- Institute for Transnational Arbitration (YOUNG ITA)
- Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA below 40)
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR Young & International)
- Belgian Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (Cepani 40)
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (ICC YAF)
- Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA)
- Association of Attorneys of Ukraine (AAU)
- Ukrainian Arbitration Association (UAA)
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Dr. jur.
World Trade Institute, Bern, Switzerland, Master of International Law and Economics (MILE)
Stockholm University, LL.M. in international commercial arbitration
Lviv National Ivan Franko University, Master of International Economic Relations, Master of Law
Arzinger has a real estate and construction practice that operates from three offices in Ukraine, all of which handle high-value sales and leasing matters. The practice is jointly led by Timur Bondaryev in Kiev, Markian Malskyy in Lviv and Viktor Syzonenko in Odessa. They frequently act for international and Ukrainian public and private companies, financial institutions and funds. The team’s experience spans residential, commercial, infrastructure, and industrial projects, as well as handling real estate issues arising from large M&A transactions. The firm recently assisted STADA Arzneimittel with real estate aspects of the purchase of a pharmaceuticals company.
At Arzinger, the team is ‘always available and has in-depth knowledge of the individual cases‘. The practice has three partners – Sergii Shkliar, Kateryna Gupalo and Markian Malskyy – who handle commercial, investment, administrative and banking disputes. Counsel Oksana Karel is ‘a class act and particularly adept at international litigation‘. The firm recently represented hedge fund Promeritum Fund in a $45m insolvency dispute involving borrowers with assets in the conflict zone in Eastern Ukraine.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Intellectual property
- Real estate and construction
- White-collar crime