Andrékó Kinstellar > Budapest, Hungary > Firm Profile
Andrékó Kinstellar Offices
3 SZÉCHENYI RKP
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Main Contacts
Andrékó Kinstellar > The Legal 500 Rankings
Hungary > Banking, finance and capital markets Tier 1Andrékó Kinstellar‘s ‘experienced team‘ has an ‘excellent track record‘ in banking and capital markets transactions, as well as the provision of financial regulatory advice. It works with leading banks and borrowers and issuers in connection with all forms of debt, sovereign and secure borrowings, as well as bond issues and IPOs. Project finance transactions in the infrastructure, real estate, energy and renewable energy projects space are another key area of expertise, in addition to the firm's market-leading straight and structured debt and equity issuance practice. Csilla Andrékó is an authority in property and acquisition finance, restructuring, Hungarian and international banking and syndicated lending. Counsels Levente Hegedüs, Dalma Ördögh and senior associate Zsuzsa Andrékó are also central members of the team.
Other key lawyers:
Levente Hegedűs; Dalma Ördögh; Zsuzsa Andrékó
‘Experienced team with excellent track record.’
‘Andrékó Ferenczi Kinstellar company are always up to date and well prepared. Furthermore they always respond to emails promptly, they demonstrate a strong work ethic and often exceed expected productivity levels. I wholeheartedly recommend this team to anyone in the business world.’
‘The lawyers in Andrékó Ferenczi Kinstellar Company are outstanding not only professionally but also humanly. They are always helpful and kind, moreover they are available at any time of the day. Besides that they are punctual and demanding of their work.’
‘Zsuzsa Andrékó (senior associate) has an excellent grip on the legal issues, her calm and efficient approach is an effective support in negotiations. I was a pleasure working with her.’
Commerzbank Finance & Covered Bond S.A.
K&H Bank Zrt.
Värde Partners / Dedica
Bank of China
- Advising Bank of China (Hungary) on the financing and post-closing works of one of the largest solar power parks in Hungary (in the area of Kaposvar), with a 100 MWp capacity, developed by two Hungarian project companies sponsored by a major Chinese investor, CMC.
- Advising Citigroup, J.P. Morgan, Société Générale, as dealers, on the Regulation S, €5 billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme of OTP Bank Nyrt., a listed Hungarian bank, including Tier 2, Senior Preferred and Senior Non-Preferred Notes tranches.
- Advised Värde Partners / Dedica on the presale reorganisation of the Hungarian business elements, on the sale process and on the restructuring of financing through the demerger of New York Palace Kft.’s real estate assets into a newly established company owned also by INGRID HOTELS S.P.A.
Hungary > Commercial, corporate and M&A Tier 1Andrékó Kinstellar maintains its top-tier position owing to its robust corporate practice and M&A activity in the banking and finance, energy, TMT, life sciences and real estate sectors. The practice demonstrates strong capabilities in complex corporate restructurings, as well as domestic and cross-border mergers. Practice head Anthony O’Connor has 15 years of experience in private equity and energy and banking sector M&A across Hungary and the CEE region. He is supported by Gábor Gelencsér, who is highlighted for his ‘outstanding understanding of banking M&A’, and is active across the entire spectrum of private and public M&A, together with corporate partner Ákos Nagy. Managing associate Ágnes Zsófia Szabó is recommended for private equity and venture capital investments in the technology industry. Since publication, Annamária Csenterics joined the firm.
Other key lawyers:
‘We appreciated the quality of the work, both on the due diligence review, but even more on the SPA negotiations. Mastery of legal minutiae with a deft, practical approach.’
‘Besides the precise work and high quality standards, the team also delivers proactive and flexible solutions, tailored to the client’s needs.’
‘Gábor Gelencsér has outstanding understanding of banking M&A and delivered valuable insights and solutions.’
Värde Partners / Dedica
Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank)
Hungarian National Asset Management Company (MNV)
China CEE Equity
- Advising OTP Bank Plc. on the sale of its subsidiary of OTP Banka Slovensko, a.s. (a 99.38% subsidiary of OTP Bank Plc.) to KBC (buyer).
- Advising SK Innovation, the third largest company in South Korea, the operator of the largest oil refinery in the country, in connection with its second land acquisition in Hungary, as part of the largest greenfield investment ever made in the country, by way of the acquisition of real estate and subsequent construction of the company’s largest European battery factory unit in Iváncsa, which will be the biggest greenfield investment of Hungary.
- Advised Värde Partners/Dedica on the pre-sale reorganisation of the Hungarian business elements, on the sales process and on the restructuring of financing through the demerger and restructuring of New York Palace Kft.’s real estate assets into a newly established company owned also by Ingrid Hotels S.P.A.
Hungary > Competition Tier 1Andrékó Kinstellar leverages its deep bench of practitioners to cover the entire ambit of competition law matters. The practice excels in guiding clients through unfair competition and abuse of dominance investigations, cartel cases and competition litigation. In addition, multijurisdictional merger control mandates are another key area of work. The ‘outstanding‘ Péter Vörös has experience of appearing in cartel cases before the Hungarian and European regulatory authorities and at all levels of courts. He also acts for clients in state aid matters, alongside associate Orsolya Staniszewski, and in competition law compliance and audits.
Other key lawyers:
Orsolya Staniszewski; Dávid Zlati; Eszter Takácsi-Nagy
‘The team is noted for its responsiveness and good collaboration.’
‘Péter Vörös, who is a true professional- thorough, patient, explores all possible aspects, provides possible solutions, and really outstanding.’
- Advising and representing the Hungarian subsidiary of Kelly Services in an antitrust investigation conducted by the Hungarian Competition Authority.
- Advising and representing Raiffeisen Bank Zrt., the Hungarian subsidiary of Raiffeisen Bank, in the administrative litigation against a decision adopted in a repeated cartel procedure concerning the amount of the fine to be imposed on the client and the other parties for unlawful coordination regarding HUF- based mortgages.
Hungary > Data privacy and data protection Tier 1Andrékó Kinstellar has ‘one of the leading practices in the market in terms of experience and technical knowledge’. Its first-rate data protection practice, which is integrated into the firm’s broader TMT department, has a stellar reputation among clients in the financial services, automotive, telecoms, pharmaceutical and energy sectors. Highlights included assisting Avanir Pharmaceuticals with compliance issues regarding its clinical trials in Hungary, and advising the Vodafone Group on retention issues. Elsewhere, the team collaborated with OneTrust on the preparation of DataGuidance, as well as the publishing of the Budapest Chapter of PrivacyConnect. Managing partner Kristóf Ferenczi is the key name to note. Senior associate Dániel Endre Nagy who joined from Kapolyi Law Firm in October 2021 is another key individual. Zsombor Orbán, associates Dániel Attila Nagy and Flora Szalai departed in September 2021.
Other key lawyers:
‘As a team, they have very good collaboration capabilities. Most of the individuals have talented skills and professional preparedness.’
‘Other than being a strong data protection and technology practice, the team has an information security adviser, which is very useful addition to their services. The team is business focused, and always provide the advice we need.’
‘They are always available, have a very high level of professional knowledge, are extremely flexible and always take into account the client’s needs and purpose.’
‘One of the leading practices on the market in terms of experience and technical knowledge.’
Vodafone Group Plc
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Vanguards Fashion Group
- Assisting Vodafone with the creation of Europe’s largest tower portfolio, Vantage Towers, comprising over 68,000 sites across 9 markets. Advised on the establishment in Hungary, Czech Republic and Romania of this new company for Vodafone, and in the creation of its long-term contractual structure to create 5G network coverage in the CEE region.
- Advising MVM Zrt., the largest Hungarian energy company, on the data privacy aspects of the acquisition of companies and assets from E.ON, including (i) ÉMÁSZ Hálózati Kft. (DSO); (ii) a portfolio of more than 3 million consumers; and (iii) ELMŰ-ÉMÁSZ Ügyfélszolgálati Kft. (customer service provider).
- Advising the Hungarian operations of the SK Group in setting up its privacy governance structure.
Hungary > Projects and energy Tier 1Kristóf Ferenczi leads Andrékó Kinstellar's premier full-service projects and energy practice, which acts for leading international and Hungarian companies operating in the oil and gas, electricity, mining and renewable energy industries, as well as developers and banks. The team features in some of the most significant mandates in the Hungarian market. Its wide-ranging expertise includes greenfield infrastructure investments, infrastructure developments, project finance transactions and environmental issues. Ferenczi is the lead partner for petrochemical revamp and development projects, while banking partner Csilla Andrékó specialises in the financing of social and economic infrastructure, PPP, power generation and renewable energy projects. Balázs Sepsey made partner in March 2021.
Other key lawyers:
‘Kinstellar is my go-to firm for Eastern Europe. I have, on a number of occasions, recommended Kinstellar to our clients and we have worked together on transactions for a number of years.’
‘The firm demonstrates solid expertise in various areas. The attitude of partners and associates clearly distinguishes them on the market. Such attitude with the experienced flexibility both in invoicing and available resources makes the firm to be an obvious choice for inhouse counsels.’
‘The firm demonstrates solid expertise in various areas (e.g. Energy, M&A, Commercial). The attitude of partners and associates clearly distinguishes them on the market. Such attitude with the experienced flexibility both in invoicing and available resources makes the firm an obvious choice for in-house counsels.’
‘Kristóf Ferenczi always responds within a short period of time and delivers exceptional quality in a remarkable range of legal domains.’
DXT Commodities SA
Astronergy / Chint Group
Hevel / AVELAR
- Advised the Hungarian National Asset Management Company on a greenfield investment in the form of a joint venture in relation to Airbus’ helicopter components and spare parts manufacturer plant in Gyula.
- Advising Bank of China (Hungary) on the financing of one of the largest solar power parks in Hungary with a 100 MWp capacity in the area of Kaposvar developed by two Hungarian project companies sponsored by a major Chinese investor, CMC.
- Advised MVM Next Energiakereskedelmi Zrt. in connection with the takeover of more than 2 million household customers of universal services from ELMŰ Energiaszolgáltató Zrt. (owned by E.ON Group) with the effect of 1 September, 2021. The rather complex mandate included among others drafting the offer of MVM Next Energiakereskedelmi Zrt. to be submitted to the Energy regulatory authority.
Hungary > Employment Tier 2Andrékó Kinstellar‘s full-service labour practice maintains its reputation as a market-leader, with it advising on matters ranging from employee transfers and collective agreements to labour settlements and disputes. Leveraging its established corporate and investment practice, the team has been increasingly busy assisting foreign investors and employers with the establishment of their employment structures, as well as advising on day-to-day operations. Highlights included advising on employment issues associated with SK Innovation’s Hungarian greenfield investment project to establish one of Hungary’s largest electric vehicle component production site. Ákos Nagy specialises in the outsourcing of services, restructuring schemes and developing complex senior management employment contracts.
SK Innovation / SK Battery Hungary Kft.
GLP Pte. Ltd.
- Ongoing advice to SK Innovation and SK Battery Hungary on day-to-day employment matters, including the establishment and termination of employment relationships, work safety and occupational health issues as part of the investment project to establish a battery manufacturing plant.
- Advising Ibiden Europe B.V. on various employment matters, such as establishment and termination of employment relationships; work safety, occupational health issues; settlement of claims brought by former contractor with the aim of preventing litigation, among others.
- Advising GLP on the agreement to acquire Goodman Group’s Central and Eastern Europe logistics portfolio, subject to regulatory approvals, including conducting an employment due diligence concerning a 40-person team of Goodman Group working in the region and advice in relation to the transfer of employees to GLP.
Hungary > Real estate and construction Tier 2Andrékó Kinstellar has a strong profile among real estate investment firms and asset management companies. It primarily assists with acquisitions and disposals of real estate, which includes advising investors on land development and plant establishments, portfolio management and greenfield investments. Anthony O’Connor takes the lead in advising foreign investors, private equity and sovereign wealth funds, in relation to acquisitions and disposals of Hungarian and regional real estate assets. He is assisted by counsel Mónika Frank and senior associate Marcell Horváth.
Anthony O’Connor; Mónika Frank
Other key lawyers:
‘Excellent knowledge of real estate law. The team works hard to find the best solution for the client and displays thoroughness and professionalism.’
‘Mónika Frank is an excellent professional, and is flexible, patient and solution-oriented.’
- Advising GLP on the approx. €1bn acquisition of Goodman Group’s Central and Eastern Europe logistics portfolio, together with the approximately 40-person team of Goodman Group working in the region.
- Advising SK Innovation, the operator of the largest oil refinery in the country and the leader in the domestic petrochemical industry and a global trader of crude oils and petrochemicals, in connection with its second land acquisition in Hungary
- Advising Resolution Property IM LLP on the acquisition of Margit Palace and Buda Square (ca. 37,200 sqm office portfolio).
Hungary > TMT Tier 2Andrékó Kinstellar‘s TMT work covers general telecoms matters, high-value acquisitions and other corporate transactions, as well as mobile tower infrastructure projects and digital health mandates, among other matters. The team saw the departure of Zsombor Orbán , Dániel Attila Nagy and Flóra Szalai in September 2021.
‘The team has a very deep understanding of financial technologies and can provide commercially-focused privacy, intellectual property and other sector regulatory advice. The team has invested in developing technology/ data security advisory capacities, which is an extremely useful addition to their current services. The TMT group is very responsive, and manages the cases professionally.’
‘Other than being a strong data protection and technology practice, the team has an information security advisor, which is a very useful addition to their services.’
‘The team has a broad experience in TMT, ranging from classic telecommunication matters, to complex technology projects (mobile/ cell tower infrastructure projects, drone delivery, e-mobility, etc.), which is unique in the Hungarian market. The team is using an external IT security and risk advisor, to bring added value to its clients.’
‘The TMT practice has a very broad experience in cyber security, technology, data protection, intellectual property, and in technology-related sector legislation which is very rare in the Hungarian market.’
Vodafone Group Plc.
Delivery Hero Dmart Hungary Kft.
GTT Communications Inc.
Creandum V LP
MKB Bank Nyrt.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Continuing to assist Vodafone in the creation of Europe’s largest tower portfolio, Vantage Towers (“TowerCo”), comprising over 68,000 sites across 9 markets.
- Advised Delivery Hero Dmart Hungary Kft on legal compliance issues relating to the expansion of NetPincér, Hungary´s leading online and mobile food ordering marketplace.
- Advised Infosys, a global leader in next-generation digital services, on the Czech and Hungarian aspects of the acquisition of GuideVision, a leading ServiceNow Elite partner in Europe.
Hungary > Dispute resolution Tier 4Andrékó Kinstellar's excellent dispute resolution team comprises of Péter Vörös, Kristóf Ferenczi and senior associate Dávid Zlati. It is lauded for its ‘reputation for quality, excellence and integrity’ and its ability to ‘deliver consistent legal advice together with the know-how and experience to champion the interests while minimising exposure to risk.’ Areas of particular strength include competition, insolvency, employment, and general commercial litigation and arbitration.
Péter Vörös; Kristóf Ferenczi
Other key lawyers:
‘Their reputation for quality, excellence and integrity speaks for itself. With offices in ten jurisdictions and over 250 local and international lawyers, they deliver consistent, joined-up legal advice and assistance across diverse regional markets – together with the know-how and experience to champion the interests while minimising exposure to risk.’
‘We would highlight Péter Vörös. His personality makes the coordination, communication and consultation fluent.’
‘Péter Vörös advises and represents clients in high-profile cartel, litigation and arbitration matters before Hungarian and European authorities and courts.’
Raiffeisen Bank Zrt.
- Representing Raiffeisen Bank Zrt., the Hungarian subsidiary of Raiffeisen Bank, in administrative litigation against a decision adopted in a repeated cartel procedure concerning the amount of the fine to be imposed on the client and the other parties for unlawful coordination regarding HUF-based mortgages.
Andrékó Kinstellar > Firm Profile
The firm: Kinstellar is a leading independent law firm in emerging Europe, Turkey and Central Asia, with offices in Almaty (Kazakhstan), Belgrade (Serbia), Bratislava (Slovakia), Bucharest (Romania), Budapest (Hungary), Istanbul (Turkey), Kyiv (Ukraine), Prague (the Czech Republic) and Sofia (Bulgaria). Operating as a single fully integrated firm, Kinstellar acts as trusted legal counsel to leading investors across emerging Europe and Central Asia.
Working together since 2000, Kinstellar’s senior team in Budapest has extensive experience handling some of Hungary’s most significant transactions.
The firm’s diverse team of Hungarian and internationally qualified lawyers provides top-quality client service to international and domestic investors active across a range of industry sectors, including automotive, banking and finance services, energy and utilities, food and beverages, manufacturing, mining, real estate and telecommunications.
Kinstellar are experts at cross-border transactions and bring a unique mix of local knowledge and international expertise to serve client’s interests in Hungary and across the region.
Areas of practice: The firm’s focal areas of practice include banking, finance and capital markets; competition and state aid; compliance, risk and sensitive investigations; dispute resolution; employment and labour law; energy; infrastructure and projects; intellectual property; M&A and corporate; NPLs and distressed assets; real estate, construction and planning; restructuring and insolvency and technology, media and telecommunications.
|Banking͵ Finance & Capital Markets, Restructuring & Insolvency, Infrastructure & Projects, Compliance͵ Risk & Sensitive Investigations||Csilla Andrékóemail@example.com||+36 1 428 4404|
|Competition and state aid, Dispute Resolution||Péter Vörösfirstname.lastname@example.org||+36 1 428 4438|
|M&A & Corporate, Compliance, risk and sensitive investigations, Employment & Labour Law, Technology͵ Media & Telecommunications, Life Sciences & Healthcare||Ákos Nagyemail@example.com||+36 1 428 4426|
|Energy & Natural Resources, Infrastructure & Projects||Kristóf Ferenczifirstname.lastname@example.org||+36 1 428 4471|
|M&A and corporate, Private Equity||Anthony O'Connoremail@example.com||+36 1 428 4499|
|Real estate, construction and planning||Mónika Frankfirstname.lastname@example.org||+36 1 428 4491|