Mr Ásgeir Ragnarsson > BBA//Fjeldco > Reykjavik, Iceland > Lawyer Profile
- Go to...
Mr Ásgeir Ragnarsson
- Banking and Finance
- Capital Markets
- Commercial and Company Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
Icelandic and English
Icelandic Bar Association
NY Bar Association
- Admitted in New York 1999
- University of Miami, LL.M., 1998
- Admitted in Iceland 1994
- University of Copenhagen
- University of Iceland Cand. jr., 1993
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The team at BBA//Fjeldco is led by M&A experts Baldvin Björn Haraldsson and Einar Baldvin Árnason. Specialising in corporate, commercial and energy law, the group counts major clients including Icelandair, Macquarie and Microsoft on its impressive roster. The practice leverages the firm’s offices in Reykjavik and London to handle the key international aspects of mandates. In particular, the team has a strong track record in M&A, acting for buyers and sellers in the telecoms, energy and real estate sectors. Ásgeir Ragnarsson is the key name to note for matters concerning capital markets and company law issues, and Halldór Karl Halldórsson is also active in the space.
The banking, finance and capital markets team at BBA//Fjeldco is led by Ásgeir Ragnarsson and Halldór Karl Halldórsson, who specialise in company law and restructuring issues respectively. The group’s client roster encompasses high-profile global clients including Citibank and JP Morgan, and the practice has an excellent track record in complex financing structures and regularly handles cross-border debt issuances, refinancings and assists with listing Icelandic companies on Nasdaq OMX. In a recent highlight, the team provided advice to ABN AMRO, BNP Paribas, Danske Bank, HSBC, ING Bank, Rabobank and UniCredit on the provision of a €700m syndicated credit facility for food processing company Marel. Gunnar Thor Thorarinsson is the go-to contact for insolvency matters.
- Banking, finance and capital markets - Iceland
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Iceland
- Hall of Fame - Iceland > Banking, finance and capital markets
- Leading individuals - Iceland > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Leading individuals - Iceland > Banking, finance and capital markets