Mr Michel Molitor > MOLITOR Avocats à la Cour SARL > Luxembourg, Luxembourg > Lawyer Profile
MOLITOR Avocats à la Cour SARL Offices
8 RUE SAINTE ZITHE
PO BOX 690
- Go to...
Mr Michel Molitor
Banking & Finance and Insurance, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Business & Commericial
Managing Partner of MOLITOR Avocats à la Cour. Head of the Financial Services practice team and co-head of the Dispute Resolution practice team
– a recognised expert with 30 years’ experience in complex dispute resolution, both domestic and cross-border, in banking & finance, corporate & commercial matters, insurance and employment law
– extensive involvement in regulatory proceedings & commercial litigation for domestic & international clients
– a trusted advisor in commercial, governmental & personal crisis management situations to corporate boards, private & public employees & High Net Worth Individuals
English, French, German and Luxembourgish.
Michel is an active member of the International Bar Association (IBA), and of the Association of Luxembourg Banking Lawyers (ALJB). He is a member of the Association of Luxembourg Insurance Companies (ACA, Association des Compagnies d’Assurances du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg) and the European Employment Law Association (EELA).
Michel holds a law degree from the University of Strasbourg (France), 1983 and a PhD in political science from the University of Vienna (Austria), 1985.
Leveraging its impressive overarching litigation credentials, MOLITOR Avocats à la Cour SARL has a particularly strong reputation on behalf of insurers and insureds in coverage disputes. Michel Molitor heads the team that also includes the ‘knowledgeable, sensible and pragmatic‘ Jacques Wolter.
Already accounting for a substantial proportion of the firm’s overall workload, MOLITOR Avocats à la Cour SARL‘s litigation capabilities were recently further strengthened by Armel Waisse and Laurent Henneresse‘s arrival from Bonn & Schmitt in May 2020. Both practitioners further underscore the team’s excellent credentials for business and finance-related litigation, in particular, and bolster a market-leading team that is co-headed by ‘highly respected‘ managing partner Michel Molitor and ‘experienced and enthusiastic litigator‘ Paulo Lopes Da Silva. Other areas of focus include construction, employment and contentious insolvency matters.
Under the guidance of Michel Molitor and also strengthened in April 2020 by the arrival of Armel Waisse from Bonn & Schmitt, MOLITOR Avocats à la Cour SARL remains best known for its financial services litigation advice. On the transactional front, the ‘professional and committed‘ Chan Park regularly handles finance work for US, European and Asian financial institutions and funds.
- Dispute resolution - Luxembourg
- Hall of Fame - Luxembourg > Dispute resolution
- Leading individuals - Luxembourg > Dispute resolution
- Insurance - Luxembourg
- Banking, finance and capital markets - Luxembourg