Mr Marcus Pery > Al Busaidy, Mansoor Jamal & Co > Muscat, Oman > Lawyer Profile
Al Busaidy, Mansoor Jamal & Co Offices
MUSCAT INTERNATIONAL CENTRE
BAIT AL FALAJ STREET, PO BOX 686
- Go to...
Mr Marcus Pery
Banking and Finance
Marcus is a Partner who heads AMJ’s banking and finance team. Marcus has extensive experience in projects, real estate acquisition, trade and ECA-backed finance and financial restructurings. He has been involved in numerous high value, domestic and cross-border finance transactions, multi-sourced financings including conventional and Islamic financing.
- Biggart Baillie LLP (1997-1999)
- Maclay Murray & Spens LLP (1999-2004)
- Ledingham Chalmers LLP (2004-2006)
- Al Busaidy, Mansoor Jamal & Co (2006-present) Partner (2013-present)
- Law Society of England and Wales (1997)
- Law Society of Scotland (2005)
- College of Law (Dip Law 1995).
- Legal Practice Course (June 1994).
- Guildford & London (Common Professional Entrance Course – June 1993)
- University of Edinburgh (Politics and Economics, Master of Arts 1988)
Squash, tennis, hillwalking, windsurfing.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
For some, Al Busaidy, Mansoor Jamal & Co is ‘the pre-eminent local firm in Oman by a long stretch‘ and is regularly instructed on energy project financings as the team ‘knows the market‘ and ‘can guide sponsors and lenders across the line with ease‘. In an example of its strength in this area, it assisted Bank Muscat with the $72m financing of the Amin Solar PV IPP project. Practice co-head Mansoor Jamal Malik is ‘a highly respected name in the market‘ who ‘marries the law with commercial advice very well‘. Fellow co-head Marcus Pery advised Duqm Refinery and Petrochemical Industries Company on its $4.61bn financing from local and international banks. Senior associates Andrew Coddington and Abubaker Abudayyeh, as well as associate Robert Calleja, are also noted.