Mr Marcus Pery > Al Busaidy, Mansoor Jamal & Co > Muscat, Oman > Lawyer Profile
Al Busaidy, Mansoor Jamal & Co Offices
MUSCAT INTERNATIONAL CENTRE
BAIT AL FALAJ STREET, PO BOX 686
- Go to...
Mr Marcus Pery
Banking and Finance
Marcus is a Partner who heads AMJ’s banking and finance team. Marcus has extensive experience in projects, real estate acquisition, trade and ECA-backed finance and financial restructurings. He has been involved in numerous high value, domestic and cross-border finance transactions, multi-sourced financings including conventional and Islamic financing.
- Biggart Baillie LLP (1997-1999)
- Maclay Murray & Spens LLP (1999-2004)
- Ledingham Chalmers LLP (2004-2006)
- Al Busaidy, Mansoor Jamal & Co (2006-present) Partner (2013-present)
- Law Society of England and Wales (1997)
- Law Society of Scotland (2005)
- College of Law (Dip Law 1995).
- Legal Practice Course (June 1994).
- Guildford & London (Common Professional Entrance Course – June 1993)
- University of Edinburgh (Politics and Economics, Master of Arts 1988)
Squash, tennis, hillwalking, windsurfing.
Al Busaidy, Mansoor Jamal & Co‘s team has ‘a deep understanding of Oman’s energy market, laws and regs and administrative processes‘. It is particularly active in corporate transactions involving Omani energy companies. In addition, it advises on the development of energy projects and has also been involved in the privatisation of energy assets. The practice is led by Mansoor Jamal Malik and the ‘excellent‘ Marcus Pery. Malik is well-respected, with decades of experience in this sector. Asad Qayyum left the firm.
Al Busaidy, Mansoor Jamal & Co is ‘known for its quality, not just in Oman, but also in the GCC‘. It advises on a wide range of banking and financing matters for Omani and international clients. The firm’s asset finance practice includes working for both lenders and borrowers, and in addition, the firm acts for clients in areas such as project finance and trade finance. The team is jointly led by Mansoor Jamal Malik and Marcus Pery. Associate Robert Calleja has a specialism in aviation finance. Asad Qayyum left the firm.