Dr iur Daniel Alder > Kellerhals Carrard > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Kellerhals Carrard Offices
- Go to...
Dr iur Daniel Alder
- Intellectual Property Law
- Competition Law
- Information Technology Law
- Employment Law
- Commercial Transactions and Corporate Matters
Dr. iur., Attorney at Law, Partner
- since 1992: Practice with various business law firms in Zurich
- 1988-1991: Assistant Teacher at the Law School of the University of Zurich with the Chair for Employment Law, Intellectual Property Law and Media Law at the Institute of Law of the University of Zurich
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV)
- Swiss Associations of Judges (SVR-ASM)
- 2012: Certified Specialist SBA Employment Law
- 1993: Dr. iur., University of Zurich
- 1987: lic. iur., University of Zurich
Among the largest employment practices in Switzerland, Kellerhals Carrard advises on the full spectrum of employment law matters as well as immigration and data protection. The team acts for Swiss and foreign corporations and has specialised industry knowledge of the pharmaceutical, health care, insurance, fashion, sports and construction sectors. Practice heads Christoph Zimmerli and Urs Marti regularly handle company and employment disputes, including dismissals of senior employees and disputes regarding bonus payments. Ivan Paparelli, Jonathan Bernasconi and Daniel Alder are further key contacts. The team in Bern was joined in late 2019 by Michael Daphinoff from Walder Wyss Ltd..
Kellerhals Carrard acts for various TMT clients, from small start-ups to multi-national corporations, on various matters, including tax, contractual, regulatory and litigation mandates. Headed up by Daniel Alder, Daniel Emch and Nicolas Mosimann, the team advises on issues pertaining to software developments, partnership agreements, software as a service matters, cloud computing work, licensings and data protection projects. Oliver Brupbacher joined in mid-2020 from an in-house role.
Kellerhals Carrard assists clients with various contentious and non-contentious IP matters, especially trade mark and patent mandates across the whole span of registration, protection, exploitation, enforcement and anti-counterfeiting work. For contractual mandates, the team handles distribution, brand development and brand protection strategies and drafts various agreements including manufacturing, purchase and supply agreements. Daniel Alder, Daniel Emch and Nicolas Mosimann heads up the practice.
Kellerhals Carrard advises a diverse range of clients from various sectors, including technology, healthcare, manufacturing and hospitality, as well as governmental and non-governmental organisations. Team heads Nicolas Mosimann, Daniel Alder, Ralph Gramigna, Christophe Rapin and Stefano Perucchi advise on tracking technology and employee data protection issues, direct marketing issues and international data transfer arrangements, among others. With regard to compliance programmes, the team regularly cooperates with the firm’s white-collar crime/internal investigations team.
- Employment - Switzerland
- Data privacy and data protection - Switzerland
- Intellectual property - Switzerland
- TMT - Switzerland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Capital markets
- Data privacy and data protection
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Leading firms: German-speaking Switzerland
- Banking and finance: Zurich
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Real estate and construction
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Private client