Dr Michael Boutros > Shahid Law Firm > Cairo, Egypt > Lawyer Profile
Shahid Law Firm Offices
20B, ADLY STREET
- Go to...
Dr Michael Boutros
- Employment and Labor
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Securities & Capital Markets
- Michael is a partner in Shahid Law Firm leading the corporate practice group and is a member of the Egyptian Bar Association.
- Michael possesses 14 years of experience in general corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, employment and liquidations.
- He also concentrates on anti-trust, intellectual property, commercial, tax, and capital markets. His transactional work focuses on initial public offerings, private placements, mergers and acquisitions, and major projects. He regularly acts as the lead lawyer in deals he is involved in and has experience advising leading multinational companies to execute large cross-border transactions.
- Michael was described as being ‘a responsive and practical lawyer’ in the Legal 500 firm rankings 2017.
- Additionally, Michael published serval articles in specialized legal magazines in topics related to mergers and acquisitions, generate corporate and corporate restructuring scenarios. Also, he is a regular panelist and speaker in many major legal conferences and events.
- Arabic (native)
- English (fluent)
- French (fluent)
- Member of the Egyptian Bar Association
- Member of an organizational committee for workshops on trademark protection in Egypt organized by the Egyptian Association for protection of Intellectual Property (AEPPI)
- Member of the Egyptian Private Equity Association (EPEA)
- Member of American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham)
- Savoie University, Grenoble, France (2014):
D. in “E-commerce and consumer protection” granted by the Grenoble Ecole Doctoral
- University of Paris I – Panthéon Sorbonne (2007):
Master of International and European Business Law Degrees (L.L.M)
- Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt (2005):
Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Maîtrise in Business Law from the University of Paris I – Panthéon Sorbonne and the Cairo University
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
‘Honest and informative support is given whenever needed‘, says a client of Shahid Law Firm. In financing, restructuring, acquisitions, mergers and capital markets law, the firm draws on more than 30 years’ of experience as one of the market’s leading practices. Michael Boutros, Nabil Rizkalla and Jacqueline Saad are the lead partners. Boutros specialises in M&A, capital markets and antitrust matters. Head of corporate Rizkalla handles corporate restructuring, mergers and securities law matters. Saad acts predominantly for clients in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, IT, industrial and insurance sectors. Managing associate Rehan Elbashary leads Venture, the firm’s group focused on start-ups and entrepreneurs.
|Egypt: Private Equity||January 2021||This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Private Equity laws and regulations that may occur in Egypt.|
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation