Ms Jacqueline Saad > Shahid Law Firm > Cairo, Egypt > Lawyer Profile
Shahid Law Firm Offices
20B, ADLY STREET
- Go to...
Ms Jacqueline Saad
- Aviation and Transportation
- Insurance and Financial Services
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT)
- Competition and Compliance
Jacqueline Saad is the Executive Partner at Shahid Law Firm and is admitted before the Courts of Appeal.
Having been with the Firm for over two decades, Jacqueline oversees the Firm’s internal affairs in all aspects of business functions. With a preliminary focus on pharmaceutical and healthcare sector, high network individuals, tourism and transportation sectors, Jacqueline is one of the few attorneys in Egypt with vast knowledge of investment, corporate, anti-trust law, banking, competition law, intellectual property, real estate, and labor matters as well as clinical trial laws and regulations. Jacqueline acts for leading multinational companies and organizations in different industries.
Jacqueline advises pharmaceutical and healthcare clients on matters related to their business, including but not limited to clinical trials, and acts for clients in the technology, media & telecommunications (TMT), industrial, aviation and transportation, insurance as well as financial services’ sectors. Jacqueline has over 15 years of experience in anti-corruption, competition and compliance, as well as corporate/commercial. Jacqueline leads the pro-bono legal services of the Firm and used to provide extensive legal advice to the Swiss Egyptian Business Association (SEBA).
Recent transactional highlights
- Jacqueline published a dissertation in 2006 titled “Vicious Circle: Coptic Divorce between Positive Law and Canon Law” in partial fulfilment of her LL.M. from the American University in Cairo. Jacqueline’s research has substantially contributed to the enrichment of the existing literature on the History of Coptic Personal Status Law. She has been quoted in publications of universities such as Harvard and Berkeley, and copies of her dissertation are placed in universities in Germany and Australia.
- In 2021, Jacqueline was noted in EMEA 2021 as one of the lead partners in Commercial, Corporate and M&A. Jacqueline acts predominantly for clients in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, IT, industrial and insurance. Cooperation with Jacqueline was described by clients as “very professional, quick and excellent and at a very good price-performance ratio. I would recommend her.” “Shahid Law Firm and partner Jacqueline Saad are extremely responsive, efficient and eager to help at a moment”; “Jacqueline Saad is dedicated, knowledgeable, trustworthy and highly ethical. The type of attorney you can count on at all times.”
- In 2020, healthcare sector specialist Jacqueline Saad received a special note in the Commercial, Corporate and M&A as one of “The firm’s outstanding practitioner[s]”. Jacqueline received special note in Legal500 in the Commercial, Corporate and M&A as “a cool and competent professional“.
- Jacqueline also received testimonials from the Firm’s clients; “dedicated, knowledgeable, trustworthy and highly ethical. The type of attorney you can count on at all times,” “when I deal with Jacqueline Saad …. I feel to be in safe hands; she makes me feel confident that I will receive first class legal service”, , “reliable, talented and experienced lawyer. With a great legal knowledge, she provides high quality and efficacious legal advice.” EMEA, 2019.
- Arabic (fluent)
- English (fluent)
- French (good)
- Member of the Camera di Commercio Italiana per l’Egitto
- Admitted before the Courts of Appeal in 2012
- Member of the Swiss Egyptian Business Association (SEBA)
- Member of the British Egyptian Business Association (BEBA)
- Admitted to the Egyptian Bar Association in 2004
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel, June 2009, LL.M. in International and European Law (PILC) with a focus on the enforcement of EC Competition Law within the EU
- American University in Cairo, June 2006, LL.M. in International and Comparative Law
- Ain Shams University, May 2004, LL.B. Bachelor of Law
- Helwan University, May 1998, B.A. in Business Administration
The corporate and M&A department at Shahid Law Firm advises clients through all stages of transactions including due diligence and drafting and negotiating contracts. Corporate restructuring, capital matters as well as compliance further form part of the team’s services, which are often enlisted by multinational companies operating in Egypt. Venture by Shahid, a department launched in 2019, also provides corporate and commercial advice specifically to start-ups. Corporate expert Jacqueline Saad specialises in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, tourism, and transportation sectors. Saad heads the team with Michael Boutros and Rehan Elbashary, who was promoted to partner in January 2021.