Ms Jacqueline Saad > Shahid Law Firm > Cairo, Egypt > Lawyer Profile
Shahid Law Firm Offices
20B, ADLY STREET
- Go to...
Ms Jacqueline Saad
- Competition and Compliance
- Jacqueline Saad, who has been with Shahid Law for more than two decades and handles client relations in addition to the Firm’s daily internal affairs, has been promoted to Executive Partner in January 2017. Jacqueline advises pharmaceutical and healthcare clients on matters relating to their business and acts for clients in the IT, industrial, and insurance sectors.
- Jacqueline specializes in investment, corporate, legal due diligence, competition law, banking, intellectual property, real estate, and labor matters. She also leads the pro-bono legal services of the firm; and provides extensive legal advice to the Swiss Egyptian Business Association (SEBA).
- Jacqueline published a dissertation in 2006 titled “Vicious Circle: Coptic Divorce between Positive Law and Canon Law” in partial fulfillment of her LL.M. from the American University in Cairo. Jacqueline’s research has substantially contributed to the enrichment of the existing literature on the History of Coptic Personal Status Law. She has been quoted in publications of universities such as Harvard and Berkeley, and copies of her dissertation are placed in universities in Germany and Australia.
- Arabic (fluent)
- English (fluent)
- French (good)
- Member of the Camera di Commercio Italiana per l’Egitto
- Admitted before the Courts of Appeal in 2012
- Member of the Swiss Egyptian Business Association (SEBA)
- Member of the British Egyptian Business Association (BEBA)
- Admitted to the Egyptian Bar Association in 2004
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel, June 2009, LL.M. in International and European Law (PILC) with a focus on the enforcement of EC Competition Law within the EU
- American University in Cairo, June 2006, LL.M. in International and Comparative Law
- Ain Shams University, May 2004, LL.B. Bachelor of Law
- Helwan University, May 1998, B.A. in Business Administration
‘Honest and informative support is given whenever needed‘, says a client of Shahid Law Firm. In financing, restructuring, acquisitions, mergers and capital markets law, the firm draws on more than 30 years’ of experience as one of the market’s leading practices. Michael Boutros, Nabil Rizkalla and Jacqueline Saad are the lead partners. Boutros specialises in M&A, capital markets and antitrust matters. Head of corporate Rizkalla handles corporate restructuring, mergers and securities law matters. Saad acts predominantly for clients in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, IT, industrial and insurance sectors. Managing associate Rehan Elbashary leads Venture, the firm’s group focused on start-ups and entrepreneurs.