Mr Karim Adel > Karim Adel Law Office > Cairo, Egypt > Lawyer Profile
Karim Adel Law Office Offices
41 ABDEL KHALEK SARWAT STREET
- Go to...
Mr Karim Adel
Arbitration, Corporate Law, Commercial Law, Establishing Companies and Foreign Branches, Franchise Agreements, Hotels Management & Lease Agreements, Mergers and Acquisitions, Petroleum Concession Agreements, Shareholder Agreements, and Shares Sale Purchase Agreements.
Senior and Managing Partner
- Practicing in the field of Corporate and Commercial law at Adel Kamel Law Office since 1990.
- Training at Gide, Loyrette Et Nouel Law Office (Paris, France), 1993.
- Training at Afridi, Angel & Baker Law Office (New York), 1995.
- Patent and Trademark Agent.
- Legal Advisor at the Cairo Regional Center of International Commercial Arbitration, 1998 –1999.
- Legal Advisor at DEPRA (USAID), in regards of the Mortgage Law, 1999 – 2000.
- Managing Partner at Adel Kamel Law Office; then, at Karim Adel Law Office since 2005.
Arabic, English, French
- Egyptian Bar Association.
- Admitted to the Egyptian Supreme Court.
- Fellow, London Chartered Institute of Arbitration (London, England).
- Arab and African Arbitration Association (Cairo, Egypt). .
- LL.B. Ein Shams University, 1990.
- LL.M. Master Degree in Business Law, “Institut de droit des Affaires Internationales” (IDAI), this institute is an association between Cairo University and Paris Dauphine University, May 1993.
- Academy of American and International Law “The southwestern Legal Foundation” (Dallas, Texas), July 1995.
- LL.M. International Business Law “Washington college of Law – The American University” (Washington, D.C.), August 1996.
Karim Adel Law Office is best known for its work in the hotel and tourism sector, acting for high-profile multinational clients such as Intercontinental and Marriott. Its scope is expanding, however, with the hire of senior partner Hatem Darweesh, formerly head of disputes resolution at now defunct firm TMS Law Firm – Taha, Moussa & Sabahi, who leads the practice. Managing partner Karim Adel and partner Bishoy Safwat are also involved in many of the firm’s largest cases.
Karim Adel Law Office has a busy dispute resolution practice, especially in matters relating to the hotel and tourism sector, though its recent work includes arbitration matters for well known brands in the energy and cosmetics industries. Managing partner Karim Adel is the main contact and partner Bishoy Safwat is also noted for his work in the hotel sector.
Karim Adel Law Office‘s name partner Karim Adel has more than 25 years’ experience in M&A transactions and he frequently acts for multinational companies in cross-border acquisitions. His recent work includes establishing the local office for Italian company in the pharmaceutical sector. German-qualified consultant Christian Ule is also noted.