Mr. Essam Taha > Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law > Cairo, Egypt > Lawyer Profile
Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law Offices
23 KASR EL NIL STREET
- Go to...
Mr. Essam Taha
Oil & Gas
Mr. Essam Taha, Of Counsel, has accumulated over 33 years of experience in the legalities of upstream exploration & production of oil & gas, rig rental contracts, drilling contracts, gas sales agreements, sale and purchase agreements, seismic survey contracts, service contracts, joint operating agreements, farm-in & farm-out agreements, consortium agreements, consultancy agreements, lifting contracts, marketing contracts, joint venture companies, by-laws, employment contracts and dispute settlement, electricity (power purchase agreements, transmission agreements, distribution agreements, etc.), mergers & acquisitions, requests for proposals, and other types of contracts and legal due diligences.
Having joined ZH&P in 2005, selected recent examples of the matters he has contributed to include:
- Advising the Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company in its EPC Contract with the Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) in the Egyptian-Saudi Linkage Project. (2018)
- Advising Middle East Oil Refinery (MIDOR) on the project financing for the modernization, upgrade and expansion of a new refinery. (2018)
- Advising KIMA on Project financing of a new major nitrogen fertilizer plant in the city of Aswan. (2018)
- Lease to Purchase an artificial lifting system for an oil field and for providing operating & maintenance services. (2016)
- Declaration of force majeure, amending the term of a petroleum exploration and exploitation concession agreement. (2016)
- Obtaining and registration of three concession agreements in the Western Desert of Egypt. (2016)
Mr. Taha’s professional track-record holds appointments in significant positions such as having been the Legal Advisor to H.E. the Minister of Electricity of the Sultanate of Oman, as well as having been the Senior Lawyer for EGPC’s Petroleum Agreements Department and having participated in negotiating and drafting over 25 petroleum production sharing agreements and over 10 gas sales agreements.
He is member of the Egyptian Bar Association, was admitted before the Egyptian Supreme Court in 2006, and is a member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators. He is proficient in Arabic and English.
Mr. Taha achieved the LL.B. from the University Mansoura’s Faculty of Law in 1986.
Arabic and English
The Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
LL.B. from the University Mansoura’s Faculty of Law, Egypt