Mr. Hossam Hafez > Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law > Cairo, Egypt > Lawyer Profile
Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law Offices
23 KASR EL NIL STREET
- Go to...
Mr. Hossam Hafez
Mr. Hossam Hafez, Partner, joined ZH&P in 2016 after having practiced for more than seven years as Senior Associate at the Cairo office of a leading international law firm where he participated and led cross border transaction and represented many clients in negotiating major corporate transactions and settlement arrangements. He had also worked as Research Scholar and Teaching Assistant at NYU School of Law.
With over 13 years of experience, his professional track record includes the following selected examples of recent transactions he has contributed to:
- Advising and representing France’s RATP Group to provide operation and maintenance services for Line 3 of Cairo Metro to the Ministry of Transport and National Authority for Tunnels through a wholly owned Egyptian subsidiary. (2019/2020)
- Advising and representing Bee’ah, the award-winning UAE-based sustainability and environmental services pioneer, to provide waste management and recycling services for Egypt’s new Administrative Capital, which is being developed by the Administrative Capital for Urban Development and is one of the largest urban development projects in the world (2019/2020)
- Acting as the Local Legal Counsel to Alexandria Container and Cargo Handling Company SAE in the anticipated follow-on offering on the Egyptian Stock Exchange.(2019)
- Supported and advised Raya Holding in structuring and entering into a joint venture arrangement with Haeir Electric Egypt Limited for the production of home appliances (2019))
- Supporting and advising El Sewedy Capital Holding, a portfolio management services which is fastly growing on a regional basis in Africa through acquisition of greenfields and brownfields projects in the education, healthcare and financial sectors and globally, either directly or through the investment in funds established by renowned private equity firms, in a series of different transactions (2019/2020)
- Represented Goodix Technology in the partial acquisition of Si-Ware’s Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) business such as the intellectual property and patents, and establishing “Goodix Technology” Center of Excellence (CoE) in Cairo (2019)
- Advising Egypt Venture, an investment firm focused on empowering the entrepreneurial ecosystem by investing in startups, accelerators and high growth enterprises, to subscribe and inject funds in Egyptian startups after restructuring them to be compliant with the Egyptian law requirements (2019/2020)
- Advising Raya Holding on the offshore Acquisition of a Minority Stake in Uganda Vinci Coffee Company Limited. (2018)
- Supported the Commercial International Bank (CIB) in different acquisitions and assisted the Bank in developing and implementing exit strategies from existing investments. (2017 – current)Mr. Hafez is member of the Egyptian Bar Association since 2008 and has passed the New York Bar Examination in 2017. He is proficient in Arabic, English and French.
Mr. Hafez was ranked by The Legal 500 as a “Rising Star Lawyer” for the year 2020 in the Commercial, Corporate, and M&A practice.
He achieved the LL.B. from Ain-Shams University in 2006 (in collaboration with Université Jean-Moulin Lyon 3, France), the LL.M. in Business Law (M2) also from Université Jean-Moulin Lyon 3 in 2007 as a MIRA Scholar (scholarship offered by Région Rhône-Alpes, France), as well as the LL.M. in Corporation Law from NYU Law in 2016 as a Fulbright Scholar and L.L.M Dean’s Scholar. He also received an Advanced Professional Certificate in Law & Business (APCLB) from NYU Stern in September 2016 as a John L Vogelstein Scholar.
Arabic, English and French
LL.B. from Ain-Shams University(in collaboration with Université Jean-Moulin Lyon 3, France)
LL.M. in Business Law (M2) from Université Jean-Moulin Lyon 3 as a MIRA Scholar (scholarship offered by Région Rhône-Alpes, France)
LL.M. in Corporation Law from NYU Law as a Fulbright Scholar and L.L.M Dean’s Scholar.
Advanced Professional Certificate in Law & Business (APCLB) from NYU Stern as a John L Vogelstein Scholar.