Ms. Heba El Naggar > Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law > Cairo, Egypt > Lawyer Profile
Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law Offices
23 KASR EL NIL STREET
- Go to...
Ms. Heba El Naggar
Projects, General Corporate, Debt Capital Markets
Ms. Heba El Naggar, Partner, has diverse experience in corporate and commercial matters as well as PPP projects. She is well-versed in the field of M&A where she regularly leads due diligence teams in relation to acquisitions and drafts and negotiates the relevant transaction documents. Ms. El Naggar frequently advises clients on the establishment of legal presence in Egypt and on exit strategies, she reviews and drafts commercial contracts, and advises on real estate and labor issues.
Having joined ZH&P in 2014 and with over 11 years of experience, selected examples of recent matters that she has taken part as a ZH&P team member in include:
- Advising the International Finance Corporation (IFC) in supporting the EETC in the design and implementation of Egypt’s first solar auction program. (2020)
- Advising Bidders on the Anticipated USD 110 million 6th of October Dry Port PPP Project. (2020)
- Advising the Government of Egypt on the Design and Procurement (EPC) and the Operation and Maintenance of the High Speed High Speed Railway Project Connecting Ain Sokhna to New Alamein City (2018)
- Representing ENGIE’s in relation to the 262.5 MW Windfarm Project in the Gulf of Suez (2018)
- Providing Legal Support to El Canal Sugar Company in the Agricultural Industrial Project for the Production of Sugar in Egypt (2018)
- Advising Capital Group Properties for Real Estate Development in the contract for the construction and selling of an international school (2018)
- Advising CORPLEASE in its Fifth, Sixth and Seventh issuance securitization bonds (2015, 2016 and 2017, respectively)
- Advising BPE Partners and Tanmiya Capital Ventures in their Acquisition of Tamweel Group (2017)
- Advising CORPLEASE in the securitization of its bonds in relation to 190 of financial lease agreements of cars, machinery equipment, real estate buildings and land plots amounting to EGP 868 Million (2014)
- Joint Venture of the Austrian ALPLA Group and the Egyptian Taba Group, ALPLA Group (2016)
- Advising the GDF Consortium on the 250 MW Wind Farm Project in the Gulf of Suez (2016)
- Advising Marseilia for Real Estate Investment in its Securitization (2015)
- Advising Actis LLP in the Acquisition of Integrated Diagnostic Holdings (2014)
- Advising the Egyptian government in relation to the Abu Rawash Wastewater Treatment Plant PPP Project for the design, financing, construction and operation of a secondary treatment stage, cogeneration and digestion facilities for the Abu Rawash Wastewater Treatment Plant, and the operation and maintenance of the existing primary treatment facilities with a capacity of 1.2 million m3/day. Work carried out involved the drafting of the tender document for issuance (2013)
- Advising the Egyptian Government in relation to the Alexandria University Hospitals PPP Project for the design, construction, financing, equipping, furnishing, maintenance, and provision of selected non-clinical services for twenty years and transfer of ownership back to Alexandria University in connection with the Smouha Maternity University Hospital and Blood Bank and Mowassat Specialized University Hospital. The project reached commercial closing in April 2012 when the winning bidder signed the project contract with Alexandria University. Work carried out included participating in the drafting of the project contract and in the drafting and negotiation of direct agreement for financial closing (2012 and 2013)
- Advising MCIT on the feasibility of carrying out Phase 4 of an ICT project for the development of 10 buildings by the private sector which will have the task to design, finance, build, operate and maintain a cost effective office space with international standards of in accordance with the provisions of the PPP Law No. 67 of 2010 (2013)
- Drafting a report on sub-sovereign financing of infrastructure projects in Egypt for the benefit of an international financial institution wishing to commence operations in Egypt (2012)
She is member of the Egyptian Bar Association, was admitted before the Court of Appeal in 2016, and is fluent in Arabic and English.
Ms. El Naggar received a B.A. in Political Science from the American University in Cairo in 2000, the LL.B. from Cairo University’s Faculty of Law in 2005, and the LL.M. in International and Comparative Law from the American University in Cairo in 2008.
Ms. El Naggar was ranked by the LEGAL 500 as “Next Generation Partner” in the Commercial, Corporate, and M&A practice for the years 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Arabic and English
LL.B. from Cairo University’s Faculty of Law
LL.M. in International and Comparative Law from the American University in Cairo
B.A. in Political Science from the American University in Cairo