Mr Helal El Hossary > Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law > Cairo, Egypt > Lawyer Profile
Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law Offices
23 KASR EL NIL STREET
- Go to...
Mr Helal El Hossary
Corporate, Mergers & Acquisition and Capital Market.
Mr. Helal El Hossary joined ZH&P in 2020 and is currently the Partner in charge of Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, and Securitizations. He also renders general legal opinions to clients on both corporate and commercial matters, supervises the procedures of companies’ incorporation as related to capital market and investment laws, and handles the amendments of companies’ statutory documents.
He undertook a large number of mandatory tender offers (MTOs), initial public offerings (IPOs), and other private equity matters as well as having represented numerous clients in commercial, labor, civil, and tax lawsuits. Mr. El Hossary is also well versed in drafting memoranda and related research as well as the different types of contracts (shareholders agreement, SPA, joint ventures, etc.).
With over 20 years of experience, selected examples of his legal expertise include:
- The 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 10th Securitization Bond Issuances by CORPLEASE. (2016/2020)
- The anticipated IPO of E-finance on the Egyptian Exchange (EGX) through a secondary offer. 2020
- The anticipated IPO of the Petroleum and Process Industries (Enppi) on the EGX. In Progress
- The anticipated supplementary offering of Alexandria Container and Cargo Handling Company SAE on the EGX. 2020
- Acting as the legal advisor for Egypt Digital Innovation (an affiliate of Banque Misr). 2020
- Restructuring the investment arm of Al Ahly Capital Holding Companies ‘ACH’ (an affiliate of the National Bank of Egypt). 2019
- The IPO of Fawry Banking and Payment Technology Services on the EGX. 2019
- The establishment and licensing of the Education Charity Fund (an affiliate of Misr El-Kheir Foundation). 2019
- The establishment and licensing of the National Investment Charity Fund for Education (an affiliate of the National Investment Bank). 2019
- Acted as the legal advisor for the Development Fund (an affiliate of the Housing and Development Bank) on all licensing procedures. 2019
- The IPO of B Investments on the EGX. 2018
- The acquisition of Delta Insurance Company by Egypt Kuwait Holding Company. 2018
- The acquisition of the National Company for Papers by Mondi. 2018
- The Establishment of a Global Depository Receipts Program for Trading on the London Stock Exchange for Madinet Nasr for Housing and Development. (2018)
- The split of the Arab Company for Asset Management and Development from Arabia Cotton Ginning Company and its listing on the EGX. 2017
- The IPO of Raya Contact Center on the EGX. 2017
- The split and IPO of M.M. Group for Industry and International Trade (MTI) on the EGX. 2017
- The split of City Centre Almaza, Majid Al Futtaim for Real Estate Egypt. 2016
- The 1st Securitization Bond Issuance by Marseilia. 2016
- Omega for Real Estate Development LTD.’s 20% stake acquisition of Marseilia Almasreia Al Khalegeya Real Estate Investment (MAAL) through a Voluntary Tender Offer (VTO). 2015
- Misr Cement Company’s (Qena) EGP 1 billion acquisition of ASEC Minya Cement and ASEC Ready Mix (both affiliates to Qalaa Holding). 2015
Mr. El-Hossary is member of the Egyptian Bar Association and was admitted before the Court of Cassation in 2018. He is member of the Egyptian Society of International Law and the Egyptian Capital Market Association (ECMA). Additionally, he was ranked by IFLR1000 as “Highly Regarded Lawyer” in the Capital Markets and M&A practices for the years 2018, 2019, and 2020.
He has achieved the LL.B. from Ain Shams University’s Faculty of Law in the year 2000 and is proficient in Arabic and English.
working languages are Arabic and English.
Mr. El Hossary is a member of the Egyptian Bar Association, and was admitted to the Egyptian courts of appeal in 2007. He is also a member of the Egyptian Society of International Law.
Mr. Helal El Hossary achieved his LL.B. at the Faculty of Law, Ain Shams University, in 2000.
Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law has a broad practice that covers trade finance, securitisation, securities lending, Islamic finance, IPOs, leveraged finance and capital markets. In these areas, it is frequently involved in the market’s leading transactions, among recent highlights being the Arab Republic of Egypt’s GMTN Programme and the first green bond issuance in the MENA region. Of counsel Ragia Omran leads on banking, finance and international debt capital markets. Helal El Hossary leads on capital markets and securitisations. Among the strong senior associates are Peter Maurice and Soha El Ezaby.