Mr Helal El Hossary > Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law > Cairo, Egypt > Lawyer Profile
Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law Offices
23 KASR EL NIL STREET
- Go to...
Mr Helal El Hossary
Corporate, Mergers & Acquisition and Capital Market.
Mr. Helal El Hossary joined ZH&P in 2000 and is currently the Partner in charge of Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Securitizations and responsible for the Non-Banking Financial Entities. He also renders general legal opinions to clients on both corporate and commercial matters, supervises the procedures of companies’ incorporation as related to capital market and investment laws, and handles the amendments of companies’ statutory documents.
He undertook a large number of mandatory tender offers (MTOs), initial public offerings (IPOs), and other private equity matters as well as having represented numerous clients in commercial, labor, civil, and tax lawsuits. Mr. El Hossary is also well versed in drafting memoranda and related research as well as the different types of contracts (shareholders agreement, SPA, joint ventures, etc.).
With over 20 years of experience, selected examples of his legal expertise include:
- Advising on the IPO of Macro on the Egyptian Stock Exchange (EGX). (2022)
- Advising ALDAR and ADQ in the acquisition of the SODIC. (2021)
- Advising B Investments in the acquisition of the Egyptian IVH Center. (2021)
- Advising on the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 10th and 11th Securitization Bond Issuances by CORPLEASE. (2016/2021)
- Advising Raya in the sale of 100% of shares of its subsidiary “BariQ” for Advanced Industries SAE. (2021)
- Advising on the IPO of eFinance on the Egyptian Stock Exchange (EGX). (This is the largest IPO since 2005 and eFinance is the first Company offered within the Governmental IPO Program). (2021)
- Advising on the IPO of Macro on the EGX. (2021)
- Advising NI Capital and Post for Investments in the incorporation of El Masreya for Investment Services. (2021)
- Advising Bee’ah in the New Administrative Capital of Egypt Project. (2020)
- Advising the National Bank of Egypt and Banque Misr in the acquisition of 40% of IBAG. (2020)
- Advising Ebtikar in the acquisition of Tamweel Group. (2019)
- Restructuring the investment arm of Al Ahly Capital Holding Companies ‘ACH’ (an affiliate of the National Bank of Egypt). (2019)
- Advising on the IPO of Fawry Banking and Payment Technology Services on the EGX. (2019)
- Advising on the establishment and licensing of the Education Charity Fund (an affiliate of Misr El-Kheir Foundation). (2019)
- Advising on the establishment and licensing of the National Investment Charity Fund for Education (an affiliate of the National Investment Bank) and acting as its legal advisor. (2019)
- Advising the Development Fund (an affiliate of the Housing and Development Bank) on the establishment and all licensing procedures relating to bond issuances. (2019)
- Advising on the IPO of B Investments on the EGX. (2018)
- Advising Egypt Kuwait Holding Company in the acquisition of Delta Insurance Company. (2018)
- Advising Mondi in the acquisition of the National Company for Papers. (2018)
- Advising Madinet Nasr for Housing and Development in the establishment of a Global Depository Receipts Program for Trading on the London Stock Exchange. (2018)
- Advising Arabia Cotton Ginning Company in its listing on the EGX and its split from the Arab Company for Asset Management and Development and. (2017)
- Advising on the IPO of Raya Contact Center on the EGX. (2017)
- Advising on the split and IPO of M. Group for Industry and International Trade (MTI) on the EGX. (2017)
- Advising Majid Al Futtaim for Real Estate Egypt on the split of City Centre Almaza. (2016)
- Advising on the 1st Securitization Bond Issuance by Marseilia. (2016)
- Advising Omega for Real Estate Development in its acquisition of a 20% stake in Marseilia Almasreia Al Khalegeya Real Estate Investment (MAAL) through a Voluntary Tender Offer (VTO). (2015)
- Advising Misr Cement Company’s (Qena) in its EGP 1 billion acquisition of ASEC Minya Cement and ASEC Ready Mix (both affiliates to Qalaa Holding). (2015)
Mr. Helal El Hossary was ranked by IFLR1000 as “Highly Regarded Leading Lawyer” in the Capital Markets and M&A practices for the years 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. Chambers and Partners ranked him as Band 2 Lawyer in Capital Markets in 2022.
Working languages are Arabic and English.
Mr. El-Hossary is member of the Egyptian Bar Association and was admitted before the Court of Cassation in 2018. He is member of the Egyptian Society of International Law and the Egyptian Capital Market Association (ECMA).
Mr. Helal El Hossary achieved his LL.B. at the Faculty of Law, Ain Shams University, in 2000.
Zaki Hashem & Partners, Attorneys at Law’s expertise in banking and finance is recognised by a host of leading banks, private companies and financial institutions. Notable recent mandates include the firm’s involvement in the issuance of the first green bond in the MENA region, herein advising the Joint Lead Managers. Led by of counsel Ragia Omran and partner Helal El Hossary , the team covers the whole gamut of banking and finance related matters, including securitization, IPOs, Islamic finance as well as drafting, negotiating and concluding loan agreements. Omran heads all Banking & Finance matters, while El Hossary oversees capital and debt capital markets and securitizations. Other key names include Soha El Ezaby and Senior Associates Peter Maurice and Mohamed Saeed .